Busking with Rubik's Cubes!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SJBrundage, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Hey Guys,

I have posted some of my Rubik's Cube work here... but I thought I would share something new with you guys. This year I have been working on a all new busking routine. Here are the last two effects I perform to close my show. Hope you guys Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvrpATAI9Gk

2. nice! that was seriously awesome.

3. That was incredible!

4. Amazing to see someone actually doing work on the street! and with a prop that gets little attention in the magic world (it gets some but not so many with mastery that you have)!!! AWESOMEEEE

5. Thanks for your kind words Chris! I have heard you are also getting into a little bit of busking! : D

6. Holy crap that is awesome haha the thing that i love is you have great stage presentation people tend to have the magic down so perfect yet are so nervous so its a little boring to watch but you have a great routine (of the two tricks i saw) and great stage presence you are great man.

Quick question where are you performing is that at a mall? and if so how do you go about performing at malls with out getting stopped by security?

7. I've seen the footage. ALL of it over here at Murphy's and mannnnn oh man... lol...

Great stuff you have sir! :)

8. Awesome man!

9. Thank you for the kind words! The area I perform at is right on the street. I have never had a problem with police since we don't have a permit system in my town. The police are pretty friendly.. I try not to make too much of a scene.

Have you tried busking at all? Its a great way from going to just performing random street magic for people. To actually doing proper shows. It helps you get an actual working act. I have done this routine well over 500 times.

which is why it seems polished... but to be honest the routine is ever changing. I have about 5 new lines that I have added to the show. From having them say "GO" before I start dong the blindfold solve... to some comedy lines. I am still a relative newbie to the busking world. (Only have been doing it 3 years) but I love every second of it. I am actually planning a cross country tour. Coast to coast.... where I will busk thoughout the US! : )

10. Thanks Mike! Shame you weren't here when I was over. It was so much fun! I might have to come up with another awesome trick so I can head back over!