C3: Con Cam Coincidencia

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I notice that the preview of this effect is cut and have read reviews saying not to let that talk you out of purchasing the effect. The review said it only does this because if it showed the whole effect through, a MAGICIAN could work out the method.

If I were to purchase this and do it on camera for a broadcasting class for them to edit into a video with other tricks and play for the school, would they or anyone watching it (as laymen) be able to figure it out?

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Haha, did you read your own question after you typed it? If you are worried about laymen figuring out the trick after seeing it on video, then logically, wouldn't you also be afraid they would be able to figure it out when you show it to them in person? Unless, you plan to put that video up on youtube so they can scrutinize it over and over again, then your question doesn't really make sense.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Well, the school will only see it once, so I dont think they will figure it out but the broadcasting class will probably rewatch it because they will be editing the video and that is what I am mainly worried about.

BTW, I am going to be sending you a PM

Sep 1, 2010
yes i think they would, i've performed this effect to my family and they flipped out. i love the effect. but if the magician watches it over and over. i think they will get it. i wouldn't risk it :) because it's too good of a trick :D

Sep 1, 2010
unless you do what dan and dave did, cut out the "alright" parts and put in the parts which are most important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I went ahead and just bought it anyways because it is stunning, only $12 and even if I don't use it during the talk show I will definately use it.

I watched the tutorial, and I don't think they would catch it. Maybe it is just me?

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Anyone will catch you...

I think that spectator wont catch you unless they watch the performance 1,000,000 times... But magicians can because we know the techniques, where to look in a performance to see where the trick is...

I love this efect, is really cool... but I prefer YAMFACAAN: Yet Another Method For Any Card At Any Number.

its not a big deal. its mostly magicians that would figure it out. i wouldnt worry about your school.
if your doing magic for camera (i know this might not be "right") but i would do some really awesome but angely stuff. cause with the camera you can film what you want.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
C3 rocks. You are WAY ahead of your spectator when they watch you. A magician would have to watch multiple times and already have a fundamental knowledge of how to do this type of magic. A spectator without a fundamental knowledge of this kind of thing would have to watch a LOT to figure anything out. I don't think the people watching would have a chance, and the people editing, while having a better opportunity to figure it out, still wouldn't (in my opinion) be able to reverse engineer things. You are not just one or two steps ahead of your spectator, you are WAY ahead.

Good luck.

L

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Yeah I got it and realized that! I love this effect. I was thinking about routining what I will do and was thinking

Do As I Do
Cards Across
C3

I was thinking this because it would be the girl interviewing and me through the "Do As I Do."
Then I'd have one person come up and do cards across
Then have one more person come up and finish with C3

I just feel that cards across is out of place. Maybe I could rework patter and make it fit

Sep 1, 2007
USA
Get it, period.

I have a few friends that I tell some of my tricks to in order for them to critique me. I have performed this effect for them and they said they have absolutely no idea on how it's done.

Even after watching it myself, without the cut, I was still fooled. If the video was full, I could, however, figure it out only if I watched it over and over and over and over and over again. If it was performed to me in person, I would be flabbergasted.

Just get it. It's wonderful.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
YES! This is a seriously underrated effect. It is absolutely wonderful for its price, which just shows that you can get magic that's extremely effective and extremely simple. Now about your audience... DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUTUBE OR SOME OTHER SOURCE WHERE THEY CAN WATCH IT OVER AND OVER. Now if people from your audience have seen it live more than once is fine, even if they are participating both times. I love this effect and it is one of my top tricks and people call it my best trick, and I think that it really is my best card trick...

Happy that you got it.

Rupayan

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I bought this effect last night and have performed it 3 times! Once, surrounded with about 10-12 people watching. Wow. This trick KILLS. The second time was at bowling practice. 2 friends wanted to see magic so I had them call over one more person. The trick went horribly wrong. It was like they had the attention span of 4th graders. Only one of them did like I asked and he is the one that loves to see magic. The other two kept talking to other people looking around I'd tell them to do something and they would ignore me and carry on a conversation with someone else until they were done. I politely said "I am in the middle of something" he wouldn't look at me. Then I said "Devon, Zack I am still doing the trick" and they wouldn't look. Then when it went wrong, they told me I sucked. Of course, the one that loves to see the magic was just like "No biggie, its all good man. I wanna see it work! You should show me and Michael and Andrew tomorrow!" All three of them love to see my magic.

My favourite performance was for my grandma and grandpa. There wasn't four of us, only three but my grandma agree'd to use two packets. I told them to pretend there was another person because they new I was only practicing a new effect. Now, my grandpa used to catch most of my tricks. I have gotten better and here lately he hasn't been able to catch any but, he hasn't been super amazed...until now.

I performed it for them and when I asked him what his card was he said why should I tell you? I said "Fair enough...why don't you turn over the top card of your packet" His words were "I swear if this is my friggin card..." and his words kind of trailed off as he turned over his card. Then, the other 3 cards were revealed and his jaw hit the floor.

He said "Man, you are getting so good at these. I used to be able to catch your tricks and I can't anymore. That trick...I have no friggin clue...that is the most amazing card trick I have ever seen you or anyone else for that matter do. I am truly baffled."4

This is my new favourite trick!!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
To reverse engineer the effect as a laymen, you'd probably need to have cards in hand. I spotted parts of the method after buying it and watching the first time round, but doubt that any laymen would catch onto its significance.

For those who have it, I have added a number of subtleties to the effect that I believe contribute to making the effect even stronger than it currently is. PM me if interested.

Incidentally, I seem to recall a recent lesson someone was trying to teach you about forcing your magic on people who don't want to see it?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Yes, someone did tell me that, but what got me was that I was getting ready to bowl and taking stuff out of my pockets and I pulled out my cards. Devin saw and got excited and told me he wanted to see a trick. Christian heard that and sat down and said he did too. I said well, we will need one more person. Devin told trevor to "watch" and he said watch what? Devin told him a magic trick and he got super excited and wanted to see a trick also.

After all this, they wouldn't pay attention...?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Let me put it this way.

I don't know if you drink coffee. I don't drink coffee. I happen to hate the stuff. A lot of people like coffee though. A lot of people like coffee with milk - it sweetens it.

But if you ask people what they like in their coffee, they'll typically say something like "a rich, hearty roast".

In reality, the majority of people like a weak, milky coffee. But very few people will actually say this, very few people say "I like weak, milky coffee" - no, they'll say "I like a rich, hearty roast".

My point is, listening to people is more than hearing what they say - it's understand the situation as well, this is part of the lesson. Learning about the context in which you perform, and being aware of that, is also important. No matter how much someone wants to see a magic trick, if they are in the middle of laser tag, in the bedroom with a significant other, or watching their favourite TV show - guess which one will take precedence.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
No worries. Some of the recent posts in your other thread and pretty on track as well about having magic as a social crutch. It might come across as a bit harsh, but the info is pretty valid in my opinion too. I can certainly understand being socially shy. I was 15 when I first starting working on my social skills :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results