Call me a cynic, but...

Sep 1, 2007
What is so earth shattering about Theory 11? An online magic store and one-on-one mentoring? This is going to turn the magic world upside down?

I'm trying to keep an open mind here, but so far, I'm not impressed.

Theory 11 = Ellusionist Lite

Am I missing something?

Sep 1, 2007
UK
What is so earth shattering about Theory 11? An online magic store and one-on-one mentoring? This is going to turn the magic world upside down?

Am I missing something?

Maybe the fact that it's the best all coming together or something? i@m not too sure myself.

Huruey

Theory is an idea, an idea of collaboration among the best to bring the art to a new level. The idea of quality over quantity and bringing the community together instead of segmenting it into seperate niche clubs. Theory 11 itself may not seem that amazing, it's the ideas that will drive it into the future that make it different.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Theory is an idea, an idea of collaboration among the best to bring the art to a new level. The idea of quality over quantity and bringing the community together instead of segmenting it into seperate niche clubs. Theory 11 itself may not seem that amazing, it's the ideas that will drive it into the future that make it different.

Thing is, it's supposedly about bringing magic together, yet it aims to set its self apart from other retailers?

Huruey

Sep 1, 2007
NJ, USA
saadmalik.com
I think the beauty behind Theory 11 is the fact that average people who search google just to find out a method of a trick won't ever get to this website. Thus, making it an underground magic epicenter.

I guess it's just the way they designed it.

I think the beauty behind Theory 11 is the fact that average people who search google just to find out a method of a trick won't ever get to this website. Thus, making it an underground magic epicenter.

I guess it's just the way they designed it.

You obviously have no idea how the internet works. Give it a week, with all the links to theory11 around the internet Google will have it indexed in no time and anyone searching for DIGITAL DISSOLVE will have it popup right in Google. Enjoy your 'exclusive' few days. It'll probably be over before your DVD's arrive.

Sep 1, 2007
NJ, USA
saadmalik.com
You obviously have no idea how the internet works. Give it a week, with all the links to theory11 around the internet Google will have it indexed in no time and anyone searching for DIGITAL DISSOLVE will have it popup right in Google. Enjoy your 'exclusive' few days. It'll probably be over before your DVD's arrive.

And you obviously didn't understand my post. I've been in the web development work for quite some time, so I can almost take that as an insult.

First off, it all depends on how you code the website. You can either code a website to optimize for search engines (SEO) or you can do the exact opposite. Also, take a look at a few different things. The name of the website - Theory 11. Does that in any way sound like a magic website? Not at all! Thats anti-noob #1. Also, take a look at the name of the effects they are selling so far. It's not like a random guy off the street would go on google and search for "distortion by wayne houchin". The names play a big roll. And the list goes on, not mentioning the fact that the most part of the main site is made in Flash, which can also be anti-search engine.

Again, those are just a few examples. Who knows what lies behind the production of Theory 11.

Sep 1, 2007
Theory 11 solved the problem of getting Penguins and Ellusionists on one site at the same time if you ask me.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA

Theory 11 = Ellusionist Lite

Am I missing something?

I will be the first one in line to get some one-on-one mentoring with Aaron Fisher, Chris Kenner, and Dan White (another Philly native!) if they are involved in the mentoring program. I just hope that the folks running things at T11 are prepared for the barrage of requests for 1-on-1 mentoring and can deal with all the requests in a timely manner.

--Jim

And you obviously didn't understand my post. I've been in the web development work for quite some time, so I can almost take that as an insult.

First off, it all depends on how you code the website. You can either code a website to optimize for search engines (SEO) or you can do the exact opposite. Also, take a look at a few different things. The name of the website - Theory 11. Does that in any way sound like a magic website? Not at all! Thats anti-noob #1. Also, take a look at the name of the effects they are selling so far. It's not like a random guy off the street would go on google and search for "distortion by wayne houchin". The names play a big roll. And the list goes on, not mentioning the fact that the most part of the main site is made in Flash, which can also be anti-search engine.

Again, those are just a few examples. Who knows what lies behind the production of Theory 11.

I, having also been in web development for some time, can say that the name Theory11 will not effect its ranking in Google that dramatically. Firstly the title also includes "Underground Magic Epicenter – Learn High End Magic Tricks & Card Flourishing" and the META keywords and description are filled with "learn magic tricks" type keywords. While the website is partly flash, the site is designed to work without flash installed so that Google can still easily crawl the website. Ellusionist is no more Magic friendly than Theory 11. Maybe to a human its close to Illusionist, but Google can't tell the difference. Sites these days are built with SEO in mind, and from a quick glance through the source code there is nothing that would appear to hold it back from any normal Google ranking.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa

I dont know about that UHG.

It seems like They are working pretty dang hard to keep that from happening.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Theory 11 is a place where you can go to learn quality magic from accomplished magicians. They are all about quality not quantity, and the DVD's they produce are supposed to be top notch. I can't wait for Panic and Distortion to arrive.

Sep 1, 2007
Call me a cynic but stfu.

This site has been pretty epic so far, 11 hours and they probably beat the shadow masters just like that.

Plus they're effects top most other sites imo...

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
People are already abbreviating my name, I feel right at home :p

One line to prove my point:
meta name="robots" content="index, follow"

If they wanted to stay out of Google, they'd block the spider. Game. Set. Match.

Play nice now UHG.

Yes you are master of internet. But I still believe they working on hiding this place.

And if they dont. Oh well. Its run by some pretty Good names. Awesome people. And it seems a bit friendlier then E.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results