Caller I.D. by Larry Becker and Lee Earle

Oct 9, 2008
A breathtaking new concept from the minds of Larry Becker and Lee Earle.

CALLERID-FULL.jpg

Effect

Start with a deluxe, zippered, personal planner and binder. Inside are a dozen clear vinyl pages, each holding six business cards back to back for a total of 72 different cards. Every card is unique - no two have similar businesses, names, images, logos, addresses, etc.

Hand the binder to a spectator to browse through to confirm that they are real business cards, all different. You don't have to touch the binder again until the routine is over. Then, out of your view and from anywhere in the binder, the spectator removes two cards. After verifying they represent different companies, cities, and phone numbers, they hand one of them to a person close by. The binder is tossed to a third, completely random person of the spectators choice.

That individual opens the binder, again - while you cannot possibly see, takes out any full page, removes all six business cards from the page and looks them over to confirm that each one is unique. Then, they discard all but two, using their discretion. You truly have no clue about what cards they hold!

While the second spectator chooses their cards, you turn to work with the first two spectators, each of who holds a single, freely and randomly selected card that has been kept hidden from your sight. You ask one to concentrate on their card's telephone number, digit by digit, including area code. You openly write numbers on a drawing pad and then ask him to read aloud the phone number on that card. The audience can clearly see that you have successfully identified all ten digits!

Turning to a fresh page in your drawing pad, you request the second helper to visualize the graphic elements on their card - colors, shapes, photos, etc. - while you doodle on your pad. Then they tell everyone what's printed on the card and your sketch matches their description of the cards they hold - inexplicit detail!

Finally you ask anyone with a cell phone to dial the number on either business card that the third spectator has randomly selected. You ask them to repeat whatever the individual on the other end of the call says. As the connection is being made on his own cell phone, you write furiously on your pad - turning the pages like a whirling dervish as you fill up each sheet with words, sketches and numbers. When the call is answered - the participant repeats everything he hears from the other end of the connection.

Simultaneously, you show page after page of your pad - detailing an almost word for word precognition of names, replies, comments!

In a nutshell, Caller I.D. will set you apart from anything else out there! Want to be unique? Get Caller I.D.!

# Every piece of information seen on every card, by anyone who wants to look, is different
# The selection process is open, fair and uncomplicated
# Each business card is different; information, papers, colors, fonts, graphics, sophistication of design, and even business and industries are in area codes across the country.
# This one-man routine is so easy you can focus on entertaining your audience; no mental gymnastics.
# There are multiple revelations with no pumping, peeking, or procrastinating.
# The finish is kick-ass and perfect in every way; and it's different if repeated an hour later.

Includes: Quality, Day-runner-style zippered binder, the pages to hold more than six dozen professionally designed and printed business cards, pen, calculator,full DVD instructions and gimmick.

Additional Image(s):
CALLERID-ALT1.jpg

CALLERID-ALT2.jpg

Has anyone bought this effect, I was thinking about buying it but i haven't seen any reviews on it, so i'm not sure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results