Camcorder?

Jul 13, 2008
Flip has some good video cameras that are perfect for filming magic. I have the Flip Mino HD and it's awesome. Oh, and it's camcorder not camrecorder. :)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have heard that the Flip HD is good for just every day filming and youtube videos but not as crisp / hi def if you are showing it on your TV or putting it on a DVD for a production.

That is just what I have read in a few reviews and heard from two people that own them in my ring.

You may be better of using $250 for a slightly larger HD camcorder like a Sony or Canon. You will get a better picture but you can't slip it in your pocket.

There are pros and cons for all of the camcorders out there. Make sure you do your homework before you just go out and purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
I bought a Flip to record my magic with, and I hated it. The software wouldn't work properly, and the hardware apparently didn't like me. I took it back and got the Kodak Zi8.

So my vote goes for the Zi8.

Jul 13, 2008
I bought a Flip to record my magic with, and I hated it. The software wouldn't work properly, and the hardware apparently didn't like me. I took it back and got the Kodak Zi8.

So my vote goes for the Zi8.

I don't use the software. I just open the camera icon on my desktop and drag the videos directly from the camera to my computer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results