Can a trick be submitted after it's been revealed?

Oct 16, 2007
people have been telling me to submit a certian trick to theory 11,but i have already revealed it.what do i do ?

Sep 1, 2007
they do indeed take submissions. I would say it depends on the nature of the exposure. Did you reveal it to a group of close friends? then by all means submit it. Did you make the mistake of revealing it in something like YouTube? then it is very likely that it would not be accepted.

Personally I would try it out still. Also consider the quality and simplicity of the effect. If you need a 45 minute set up and has heavy angle issues, then I would not submit it. If it can be done without a set up (or perhaps a minor one) and can be done surrounded or has other obvious advantages, then yeah, submit it.

*edit* look at the quick nav at the bottom of their pages, there is a submit a trick button

Also consider the quality and simplicity of the effect. If you need a 45 minute set up and has heavy angle issues, then I would not submit it. If it can be done without a set up (or perhaps a minor one) and can be done surrounded or has other obvious advantages, then yeah, submit it.

Hi,

I think simplicity doesn't really matters with the method.
Instead, it should rather be associate with the effect itself.

I've always been interrested by sneaky and highly technical methods, until I've met a magician in Paris who've showed me a trick that totally changed my perception of magic.

Gimmicks, angles and long setups should not be eliminated from a magician's repertoire. Theses methods are, most of the times, giving the most magical illusions possible.

Sure they can't be performed 12 times in a row, but you must choose your moment carefully (I mean infront of the right group of spectators, in the right place, at the right time).

Just take a look at peneration effects, like the the famous card through window that Copperfield presented his 1991 t.v. special.

Bottom line is this: never underestimate gimmicks and setups, they will certainly, one day or another serve you more than you'd expect !

Simon.

P.S.#1 Sorry for my not so good English...

P.S.#2 Don't think impromptu tricks should be banned ! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results