Can the Venom Project by Maggie Factory be used to perform the tricks in Invisible by Damian Savina?

Feb 1, 2017
Hey people!

I was just wondering something, is it possible to the Venom Project ITR's for the tricks demonstrated in the Invisible trailer on ellusionist.com? Im planning on getting one by christmas, and I really like the Venom, but the levitating ring trick in invisible is pure gold soooo...

Thanks for your help!

E

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yes - with a caveat. You can't really do the Invisible hookup and the Venom hookup at the same time.

Venom is meant to use both reels at the same time. You can use any reel to do the routine in Invisible (which I agree, that's beautiful when done right), so you could use the Venom reel, but it would be a situation where you're set up to do that routine, and if you want to do the routines in Venom, you'd have to go re-setup.

Side note - there's a one-reel floating ring taught in Venom that's pretty sweet as well.

Feb 1, 2017
Oh okay that's pretty sweet... Do you think it's worth getting the Venom project and the Invisible trick tutorials but not the invisible ITR?

E

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
If the tutorial is on sale by itself, there's a solid chance it's an illegal copy. The way Invisible is sold is with the reel in the DVD packaging. I'm not sure where you're seeing it on its own, but if the price is significantly less than what you'd see on Ellusionist or similar, it's almost certainly not a legal copy.

Feb 1, 2017
No I havent seen the explaination for sale by itself, but im wondering if I should buy venom AND invisible, so I can have both the invisible and Venom ITRs equipped, so i can perform the individual tricks without having to change setup... Is that possible?

E

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yes, it's possible. It would be a bit much, in my opinion, but I'm disinclined to walk around fully loaded up in the first place.

Feb 1, 2017
Okay thank you very much! One last thing: The venom ITR clips on to a piece of clothing with a plastic clip, like a clip on a pen right? How does the Invisible ITR clip on? Because I wear a lot of bracelets so it's very easy to hide a clipped ITR to my wrist...

E

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Okay thank you very much! One last thing: The venom ITR clips on to a piece of clothing with a plastic clip, like a clip on a pen right? How does the Invisible ITR clip on? Because I wear a lot of bracelets so it's very easy to hide a clipped ITR to my wrist...

E

Savinas uses a clip also

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Yes, it's possible. It would be a bit much, in my opinion, but I'm disinclined to walk around fully loaded up in the first place.
I agree

With itr hookups - you generally only want one type “active”

Except loops...loops would be the only other type of hookup

Feb 1, 2017
I agree

With itr hookups - you generally only want one type “active”

Except loops...loops would be the only other type of hookup

Thanks for the help!

And what are loops? I'm new to ITRs, what are loop hookups?

E

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Thanks for the help!

And what are loops? I'm new to ITRs, what are loop hookups?

E
Loops are an elastic IT system (extremely cheap) produced by Yigal Mesika and Finn Jonn. If you’re not familiar w Loops then you’re VERY new to IT.

Google Loops - I’m sure you’ll find plenty on info there. But Loops are the only system I know of that won’t interfere with other IT hookups

Feb 1, 2017
Ooooohhh that thing yeah I have seen that before. I see what you mean now. I would see how you could link a Venom and Loops hookup quite easily. I think ive made my decision and I'm going to go for the Venom project. Yet i've heard that the IT that comes with Venom is very visible, is this true? Luckily since Venom is entirely customizable I could change it to something more inconspicuos. Any suggestions so the best thread to buy? Preferably thread that I can buy in a large batch, because I live in Holland so having to order new thread quite regulary could be a pain.

Thanks again,

E

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results