Can you download...

As Mitchell stated there is no current way to download the videos in the media section,

Although it has been suggested in the Improving T11 thread. So, there is others who want the same idea, and I think that would be very neat indeed, to watch your favourite Videos on your Ipod or other media devices.

So, unfortunately there isn't an option currently but maybe in the future.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I've been downloading videos from the media section with a little plugin in Firefox. I don't know if it's against the rules because I haven't seen any rules forbidding it. I haven't downloaded much off here but I can tell you that the videos are encoded in FLV format so you need a media player that supports FLV like VLC Media Player...

I've been downloading videos from the media section with a little plugin in Firefox. I don't know if it's against the rules because I haven't seen any rules forbidding it. I haven't downloaded much off here but I can tell you that the videos are encoded in FLV format so you need a media player that supports FLV like VLC Media Player...

And what might this add-on be, or a link to it. Thanks

It's called "UnPlug"

You can get it HERE...

Enjoy!

Shanku

Yeah, UnPlug downloads embedded media files from webpages. In the case of websites like YouTube and Theory 11, they are usually .flv. Search on Google "YouTube Downloader." It's a free program that can download and convert .flv (and other common video formats) to various formats like .wmv, .avi, iPod mp4, etc.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
and just to be more specific...

YouTube (and most other streaming sites) encodes at:
  • 320x240 resolution
  • ~256kbps FLV video
  • ~64kbps MONO MP3 audio at 22050 Hz
  • 29.971 frames.sec
Theory11 encodes at:
  • 480x360 resolution
  • ~800kbps FLV video
  • ~128 Joint Stereo MP3 audio at 22050 Hz
  • 25 frames/sec

Sep 2, 2007
actually for the control:: a different kind of effect. there is a download link in the source. I used that and put it on my MP3 player :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results