Can you fix cards that stopped fanning

Aug 8, 2018
I was wondering if there is something I can do to my cards to help them Fan like they did when I first opened the pack, most of m collection is theory 11 along with some nocs and Bicycle elites and they all fan amazing but after a week or two than fan starting to look clumpy lol . I don’t drop them, I make sure my hands are clean and oil free (as much as possible) just don’t know if those decks are done or can they be rejuvenated lol
Thanks in advance :)

Mar 14, 2019
Fanning powder if you're up to it. It's messy and bad to breathe in though. Other than that buy some new decks and use your old ones for effects where you destroy the cards. They don't last forever. I try to use bicycle standards or rider backs for this reason but I love my expensive decks as well. Just goes along with the territory.

Reactions: RobertC11437
Aug 8, 2018
Fanning powder if you're up to it. It's messy and bad to breathe in though. Other than that buy some new decks and use your old ones for effects where you destroy the cards. They don't last forever. I try to use bicycle standards or rider backs for this reason but I love my expensive decks as well. Just goes along with the territory.

hey thanks for the response. This is what I thought the answer would be but I wanted to make sure before those decks went into that category lol ..

Reactions: juicinthepips

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I think part of what happens is the finish wears off from all of the friction. This cannot be undone. I don't bother with fanning powder but it does require a card budget to replace the decks.

For the most part when I'm practicing I keep my jokers on the top and bottom of the deck so they are the cards that absorb the oil and sweat from my hands. I know this is not always practical, but they are the ones that stick when they get lost in the deck. This won't make the deck last forever, but it certainly helps. I take 2 cards out so it's still a 52 card deck, but that's just me.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Other than that buy some new decks and use your old ones for effects where you destroy the cards. They don't last forever. I try to use bicycle standards or rider backs for this reason but I love my expensive decks as well. Just goes along with the territory.
I like Aristocrats for this reason. They are more expensive than rider backs but cheaper than premium decks. So you get most of the benefits of premium cards while only being somewhat more expensive than Bikes. I assume it's because of a different finish, I just know they have less friction.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results