Can you levitate?

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hey everybody, im just curious, as a magician/performer the number one question asked by lots of laymen is can u levitate? Now i currently know an have a few in my arsenal...namely SKYWALKER...KING RISING...MATRIX LEVITATION/SUSPENSION...BALADUCCI..ZERO GRAVITY..ETC. I'm personally hooked on skywalker myself..im wondering what are your favorite levitations to perform?

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hmmm....Redden im curious bout ur own created levitation...is it based off any current creations or something with a twist? Yes ill have to agree in some extent that gimmicked levitations are tricky an seem "bold"...but thats my style...some other ones i know include F.L.Y(freakiest levitation yet)...ELEVATOR 1 & 2...GRAVITATE...CRISS ANGELS LEVITATION...ICARUS..etc....etc

Nov 25, 2008
i feel levitations are kinda overrated.The worst thing you can do is to perform a levitation as an opener.The success of a levitation depends on the kind of reactions you are getting from the effects performed prior to it.One common mistake that i have seen is that you would be performing for about 4 people.Of the 4 about 3 would be giving great reactions.One of them would be kinda skeptical and saying things like"arent you just tilting the fork?","can i shuffle the cards?","show me your other hand","let me put that card in the middle".If you levitate this guy would probably ruin the illusion.The chances are that they are partially heckling you or just have a different prespective.Darwin ortiz has a section in "strong magic" called "darwin's laws".Law number 34 says "Never end on a screw up".This is just my take on levitations.I am open to criticism.:D

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Well from the ones you just listed, I don't like any of them.

I'm actaully working on my own. And I'm almost there. I'm actually working on 2!
Levitating myself and levitating someone else. I'm almost ready to do it, there's just one little thing I'm missing.

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Hey Michael, Can you tell me where to get MAtrix Levitation PLz? I find it very co0l.
thx!

Hey everybody, im just curious, as a magician/performer the number one question asked by lots of laymen is can u levitate? Now i currently know an have a few in my arsenal...namely SKYWALKER...KING RISING...MATRIX LEVITATION/SUSPENSION...BALADUCCI..ZERO GRAVITY..ETC. I'm personally hooked on skywalker myself..im wondering what are your favorite levitations to perform?

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Wow...thanks to evryone...I enjoy all ur feedback...levitations can be "magical"....but are very bold to perform...it is definately something i dnt do very often...

I know all the levitations taught on the VHS
Docc Hilford Impromptu levitations
Balducci (standard)
Balducci (elevated) you can get serious air with this version
Barstool levitation
and the otherones escape my mind right at this momment.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results