cannibal card trick performance and if you really want it.. a pen up my nose

Okay so I've been practicing the cannibal card trick for a while and I was wondering if I was doing an okay job performing it so here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K9zBMwWkOs
Sorry for the delay in audio my webcam's mic sucks... Also you don't need to watch the whole movie I just kinda want to know about whether I performed the cannibal card trick alright, if you want you can watch the whole thing, at the end I shove a pen up my nose, lol. Anyways any input helps, thanks! Oh, and one more thing if you think all the tricks in the video cept the cannibal trick are performed like crap, they were kinda supposed to be. My buddy and I were just having fun, lol.

EDIT:
I'm taking a break from magic for awhile to clear my head so I'm destroying everything I've done and going to start anew, eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2008
To be honest, it was painful to watch. Sorry, but you really didn't perform it well, the camera angle was horrible, and your performance made it seem like you didn't care about the trick and that you weren't serious.

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Wasn't they suppose to turn into another color? From the demo I've watched, they turn from blue to red. Anyway, I can't say that you didn't perform well because I didn't know the tricks ( and I don't know it now too) so for a non magician, it's correct. But like Magicmaster said, even if you want to be funny, you need to be consistent and a little focus on what you are doing. We don't feel that you want to entertain us and I think it's what Magicmaster want to say. But overall for the trick, for a non magician, it's pretty good.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
You owe me 13 minutes of my life back. I would give criticism but you've already knocked advice back. 'Magic is never fun to watch when it's too serious'... That wasn't fun to watch. Bottom line advice- You need to go back to basics dude. And tell your friend, if he uses bigger coins, his hands wont need to cramp as much when concealing.

Lafferty

You know what? I'm a jerk. I'll work on what you guys said. Thanks for the advice and I'm sorry for turning back your advice magicmaster. I think I'm going to actually take a break from magic for awhile and see if that'll clear my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2008
No, you're not a jerk. I've pushed advice aside many times. Just take a step back and examine your performance style. Think of ways that you can perform that not only is fun, but is also entertaining and keeps the audience involved. It is possible to be TOO outgoing, all you need to do is find the fine line between being really outgoing and being serious. If you don't take it serious, your spectators won't take YOU seriously. Don't quit magic. Just change your performance. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results