Card Cheating Part 1

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
That was pretty good, I enjoyed it. I also really like your set up! I can see how you got your moves to look so good.

Thanks man. Yeah that's my typical practice area...Sometimes I'll bring books up there too. The felt on the table is nothing special though, I'm getting a close up pad soon to cover it.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I enjoyed the deals a lot...but I didn't like the full deck control or the half deck control much at all. The motions, although technically correct, seemed to lack fluidity and seemed far too repetitive to me. That may have been because you were trying to prove a point but it seemed out of place. I hope you don't mind me comparing you to Joey as I realize you have very different styles but that is the kind of smoothness and fluidity I am talking about.

It might have helped if you switched which hand stripped the cards out just to mix it up a little. Sorry if this sounded harsh or unnecessary but these are my thoughts.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
I enjoyed the deals a lot...but I didn't like the full deck control or the half deck control much at all. The motions, although technically correct, seemed to lack fluidity and seemed far too repetitive to me. That may have been because you were trying to prove a point but it seemed out of place. I hope you don't mind me comparing you to Joey as I realize you have very different styles but that is the kind of smoothness and fluidity I am talking about.

It might have helped if you switched which hand stripped the cards out just to mix it up a little. Sorry if this sounded harsh or unnecessary but these are my thoughts.

Thanks for the comment. I have always preferred the strip out shuffle but I guess I never realized the monotony of using only that one...next time I will throw in a push through.

For those interested part 2 is up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bM8WeE2BN4

Dec 19, 2010
This is good man. It's obvious you've practiced a lot. I saw both of the videos and noticed two false cuts at different times in the end of two sequences that didn't look to convincing so replacing that with another move would be prefered, perhaps a crimp to be able to make a tabled cut.
Another thing in the second video there was a table faro which looks weird combined with the other shuffles but it looked good by itself, It was a cool effect but since we're on gambling moves Im being extra picky.
Out of all those moves that's the only things worth critisiesing on so again really good. Peace!

Nov 23, 2011
I can't do any of these moves however on your bottoms watch your ring finger (deck hand). Just trying to help

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Really nice, your seconds are stronger than your bottoms. There is a slight pause just after you deal the bottom, watch that. It looks really great dude! I'd say your center is probably stronger than your bottom too that's not very common!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results