Card Controls

Mar 27, 2009
does anyone know of any books or videos for this? I mean works solely dedicated to teaching card controls...

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
does anyone know of any books or videos for this? I mean works solely dedicated to teaching card controls...

Card Control by Arthur Buckley is a good one.
Expert Card Technique by Jean Hugard and Fred Braue
Secrets of a Puerto Rican Gambler by Stephen Minch if you can find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 23, 2010
Singapore
Hey fellow magicians,

I just noticed that I lacked exposure to a variety of card controls and I only know a few of them.Can anyone reccomend me good card controls except for the T11 1 on 1s (no credit card) ? I prefer that the card control is too visible or suspiscion arousing to the spectator.

Thanks in advance,

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Card Control Arthur Buckley. Very fine book.

Allan Ackermans Card Contrlol series #3. Its dedicated to nothing but controls.

In Revolutionary Card Technique, Chapter 3 is about fingertip controls. You can just purchase the Chapters separately instead of inversting into the entire book.

Encyclopida of Card Sleights by Daryl teaches controls but spread across 8 vols. The dvds are great.

one of my fav controls is in Effective Card Magic by Bill Simon called the Simon control p. 93

Mike

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
In Revolutionary Card Technique, Chapter 3 is about fingertip controls. You can just purchase the Chapters separately instead of inversting into the entire book.

I would suggest getting the entire book. It is full of intermediate to advanced card techniques and is an important reference. Besides the fingertip control, there is also the chapter on the side steal (it has many improvements over previous versions of the side steal). A good side steal can be a very effective card control in some situations.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I would suggest getting the entire book. It is full of intermediate to advanced card techniques and is an important reference. Besides the fingertip control, there is also the chapter on the side steal (it has many improvements over previous versions of the side steal). A good side steal can be a very effective card control in some situations.

The only reason why I didnt recommend the entire book is because I really dont know what his skill level is. RCT is a great book. I have it and its my most studied book right now.

But RCT is an Investment. Not only in money (for some), but time and dedication.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results