Card Counting Shortcuts

Hey guys! I just wanted to know if there are any tricks to knowing how many cards are in your deck to see if you are missing any instead of having to count them, because when I'm done using my cards and I drop 'em, I can't always know how many I'm missing

Nam Et Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
-Knowledge is Power-

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
If I have doubts of me missing any cards, I start separate the cards in 4 of a kinds. (4 Aces are one pile, 4 twos are one pile, and so on)
I wouldn't say it's a short cut, but that's what I do.

Oct 24, 2007
If I have doubts of me missing any cards, I start separate the cards in 4 of a kinds. (4 Aces are one pile, 4 twos are one pile, and so on)
I wouldn't say it's a short cut, but that's what I do.

Well, I would call it a short cut. It does make it easier to count the cards.

But, in all truthfullness, I have several decks that I use a lot. And one lost a card, I could actually feel, just by the decks thickness and weight, that one was gone. I looked under my bed and found it. :D

But, Ashrei's method is pretty quick and it's something I use on a deck I'm not familiar with. Peace!

Tyler

Sep 3, 2007
Some effects require you to have a full deck.... You could try that and if it doesnt work then you know you got some missing.... :)

I'm currently reading a book called Beat The Dealer by Edward O. Thorp. So far it's really great. It's mainly for blackjack however, it may help you a little bit if your interested. It may not be what your looking for.

Michael

Oct 21, 2007
this is'nt realated but one time my cousin handed me a deck of cards and I said "5 cards are missing from this deck" the second I put the deck in my hand, then he went back to the room were he got the cards and he found 5 cards in box! Pure coincidence! Plus the deck felt a bit light.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Separate the deck into suits. Then count how many in each suit. If you have a missing card, just count each card you see in the suit from ace to king to find out which is missing. (ace, two, three, four, six... oops; I'm missing a six). The cards don't have to be in order... just look through a fan of each suit and you'll see...

Separate the deck into suits. Then count how many in each suit. If you have a missing card, just count each card you see in the suit from ace to king to find out which is missing. (ace, two, three, four, six... oops; I'm missing a six). The cards don't have to be in order... just look through a fan of each suit and you'll see...

Actually, I use Absolut Vodka decks, and those don't have the traditional kings and Queens. Even if I were to check for that, I would not look through my deck, just through the book I am currently reading (i use a king of hearts as a bookmark) :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results