Card in Magician

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Back in the early 1980s there was a magician that would dress in full glam-punk clothing and perform near the Chinese theater in Hollywood as well as other L.A. area hot spots. One of the routines he was known for was to bite the corner pip from a chosen card, asking the lady that chose the card to hold onto the corner in that they'ed need it later. He would then eat the chosen card whole only to remove a Butterfly styled knife and slash his forearm. . . his fingers would go into the opening, you could see them inside the arm, beneath the skin. Ultimately he'd remove a blooding card which, upon opening, would be missing a corner. . . of course, the corner matched the previously bit off corner. . .

Sound familiar?

The performer in question was me and about six months ago I entrusted the concept with a certain individual on this and another forum with the hope of up-grading the method and putting it on the market. Imagine our surprise when we see some buffoon doing the same basic routine on a recent Tv special.

I Admit that I've mentioned this routine at least twice on other forums, but that was years ago (at least a decade back). But here's the deal; I want to know how Angel's production team got their hands on this piece and if anyone directly connected with me was part of the information chain when it came to the transfer of information about this effect and the routine as I did it (let's face it, Lord Fauntleroy came damn close to my original handling)

I don't know what I can offer as a reward, but I will do what I can to make it worth your while.

Thanks!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Wow Craig. That is very interesting and I know you are probably looking for who would have leaked that info but I assure you it wasn't me. I hold no position any where other than moderating these boards nor do I have any connection with any crew members. I can only imagine your frustration.

Jul 22, 2013
California
I am definitely not advocating what happened or anything, but isn't it possible that they happened to catch your performance by chance and worked for a while to figure out a method that would get the same outcome? It's terrible that they would perform this without asking your permission, but they may have used a different method, even.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results