Card in Pocket Transpo

Jun 8, 2009
I use a doublebacker and a double-lift for the reveal. It's simple and it does the job. (It also sets me up for another effect that happens to need a doublebacker on the top of the deck)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I use a doublebacker and a double-lift for the reveal. It's simple and it does the job. (It also sets me up for another effect that happens to need a doublebacker on the top of the deck)

What's the justification for placing a card back on the deck, only to turn it over again?

Why didn't you just take it out of your pocket and show it?

G

Jun 8, 2009
What's the justification for placing a card back on the deck, only to turn it over again?

Why didn't you just take it out of your pocket and show it?

G
I make a big deal out of the card appearing and place it on the deck in the off-beat before I ask them for the name of their card. Never been called on it, so I don't think I actually need a justification. Now granted, it's not the best method around, but it works for me. :)

A very simple but ballsy move would be to have the selection on top and perform a shapeshifter and then palm selection then go straight to the pocket. It plainly shows the selection and then a second later it's gone. Then pull it out of your pocket naturally for a very fair card to pocket.

-Joey

Jun 8, 2009
That's why I'm using the doublebacker, I wanted to avoid having something palmed when I went to the pocket. If you can't show your palm empty, most people will think you're hiding something in your hand. Disastrous for this particular effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results