Card killer FARO Shuffle

Aug 4, 2018
hello everyone,

very new to card tricks, I'm interested in slight of hand and street performance.

I've been trying to get the Faro down so i can incorporate it into some tricks. I'm sure most of you know how this works and what the Faro can do to cards when done correct...... anyway

picture attached.

im using a really cheap pack of cards that i bought from..... i think they came from a supermarket.

Im wondering if i go and buy a ''proper'' pack of cards will i also ruin these cards or do they hold up better then cheap decks. I know some times its hard to tell a cheap pack from an expensive pack. but are they built better? will they last longer then 2 days??? Yes ive destroyed my cheap cards in 2 days worth of faro practise

thanks for any help you can give

Attachments

• 38403272_271584303642183_3936310837857222656_n.jpg
    38403272_271584303642183_3936310837857222656_n.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 32

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Look for Bicycle or Tally-Ho, anything with an air cushion finish (808). Those will be the most affordable to practice and perform with. Also, when practicing the Faro you don't need a lot of pressure. After some practice you'll notice it becomes almost automatic.

Aug 4, 2018
Thanks for replying both.

I've already noticed a vast difference from when I started to now. Instead of jamming the cards together with hulk like force I can kinda slide them together and then they start to FARO but. I believe I'm still using more force then in needed by a professional
.... I'll get there.

I did not realise the bicycle cards where of good enough quality. Dont really know much about the making of cards etc. I'll go buy a brick of them haha. And a nicer looking deck for better times haha. I guess there is not a huge difference between bicycle cards and some of the cards on here.

Mar 15, 2017
You should also make sure if the cards are modern cut or traditional cut, depending on the cut, the cards will faro easier on one side. Modern cut cards, backs facing up, faro better top to bottom, while traditional cut cards, backs facing up again, faro better bottom to top.

It is also important to note that paper cards, right out of the box, will have rough edges, these edges will render your faros very difficult. So smoothen out the edges by rubbing the deck on a pair of jeans or something, it'll render faros easier.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results