Card manipulation and guitar.

Greetings, good people.

Awfully curious about this, have any of you skilled card manipulating freaks taken up guitar? I am wondering if having all that dexterity helped you a bit with finger positioning and chords.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 9, 2010
Greetings, good people.

Awfully curious about this, have any of you skilled card manipulating freaks taken up guitar? I am wondering if having all that dexterity helped you a bit with finger positioning and chords.

I play, yeah, I don't know if all that helps or not, because I don't do a whole lot of XCM, but I do Charlier and stuff, and my friend who plays guitar was impressed that I got as good as I am using only youtube, so maybe it does help...

Mar 8, 2010
I play guitar, and almost all the time play with using finger picking. I can't remember how good I was at finger picking before I took up cards, but I imagine the control I have over the strings does have some effect on my skill with cards. Placing my fingers in awkward positions while playing guitar probably transfers across to card manipulation. I think? :p

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I started playing guitar before I picked up magic and flourishing. I know that certainly helped with card manipulation. It probably works both ways.

My brother plays a lot of guitar. Mostly technical death metal. From playing around 2 hours, probably even more, per day for the past 5/6 years his fingers are all... bent. If he spreads his fingers some of them are bent in and out. I guess thats what happens when you play that style so excessively.

Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
i would say that with guitar you need more finger strength while magic needs dexterity really. i guess it would help as you need both for both but its like a boxer and a runner. learning to run really fast will help in the boxing ring but it will not win u any matches.
I started guitar a year after magic

Card manipulation and guitar

oh i know, but being realistic about it, i realize that the coaches they mentioned are probably the best bet TBH. grudens committed to MNF and cowher is interested in miami, houston, or dallas.

so id like to see a defensive minded coach this year, RIVERA or nolan
î÷åíü ðåêîìåíäóþ äëÿ èãðîêîâ â ïîêåð ïîêåð â îíëàéí

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results