Card switching from selection.

Jul 28, 2017
So I have been learning some card switches but none of them feel quite genuine and I am looking for a switch you can do where the spectator sees their card till the last second when you drop or pass them what they believe is their card.

I know of turn switches where you have the 2 halves of the deck and you drop a random card on top as you flip their selected card over and then push that card off and that works but that can really only be done from the middle of the deck and to cover it you have to flip the card over which means you are seeing their card.

Anyone know of card switches that you can do from the top of the deck or the middle of the deck from a card selection process that can even be done after a force, the spectator can see their card until the last second and when the card is switched there are no unnecessary moves used like fans or anything. I am trying to learn sleights that are invisible and by that I mean appear to be casual moves and doing fans and flips and stuff isn't casual or normal. If you know what I mean.

One idea I have is just a casual dribble force or riffle force but before showing their card you cut it to the top and use a 1 hand thumb lift or what ever it is called to show their card while turning your head away. Then squaring up the card and in jogging it to go a 2nd deal as the cards tilt back down. So their card is now on top and an indifferent or set-up card is on the table or their hand etc.

I also remember seeing a kind of snap change 1 handed card switch and I would like to learn that however I cannot find that at all.

Cheers buddies and merry christmas :D

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Top change is one of my favorite card switches.
I have also experimented with Necktie style second deals as a change in a street/stand up setting
Control a card above their card (I use a Herrmann Pass to get a card above their card at the top, and with some misdirection, you can easly switch the card this way).

Other ideas:

Palming their card and having them hold the wrong card
The Glide
Mexican Turnover
Marlo has a section called Card Switches in RCT, which I haven't gotten to yet, but it has a lot of good info.
Instead of controlling their card to the top, control it to the second, to a DL, then hand them the top card.
If the card is in the middle, after showing it in the middle, drop an extra card on top of it. Then slide this indifferent card onto the middle of another packet, and place their card on top.

Reactions: Al e Cat Dabra
Mar 15, 2017
Eclipse by Eric Jones is some lost move buried in the dust, but it still works fine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results