Card to Wallet

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
So I'm looking into a good card to wallet right now.
Something to end an ACR but I want it to seem like I reach into my pocket take out my wallet and inside a compartment is their signed card.
I don't want the wallet to come into play at all beforehand (like having to place it on the table or taking it our for any reason other than to reveal the card). I'm not afraid of palming cards.
Also I'd like one I can use as my real wallet.
Any other amazing effects the wallet can achieve are plus too, but mainly I want it for Card to Wallet.
Any suggestions?

Dec 4, 2008
I use the Jardonnet Wallet. It is a card to wallet that does require palming. The selected card can be signed. The wallet is removed from your pocket and opened up. The spec opens a zippered pouch in the wallet, and removes their playing card from it. This wallet is also a fire wallet. The flame can get six inches sometimes higher. This is really good to do in conjunction with card to wallet. Pull your wallet out. Open it up and it catches on fire. Close the wallet and open it again and do the card revelation.

Hope this helps

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I use the Jardonnet Wallet. It is a card to wallet that does require palming. The selected card can be signed. The wallet is removed from your pocket and opened up. The spec opens a zippered pouch in the wallet, and removes their playing card from it. This wallet is also a fire wallet. The flame can get six inches sometimes higher. This is really good to do in conjunction with card to wallet. Pull your wallet out. Open it up and it catches on fire. Close the wallet and open it again and do the card revelation.

Hope this helps

Sounds like what I want but I don't need to use the fire right? Also I'm not familiar with fire wallets, do they use lighter fluid to refill, flash paper/cotton or what?
Thanks.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Personally I think most card to wallets are either too big and too silly looking. They bring some unneeded attention to themselves. If I were you, I'd get the real mans working Card to Wallet. I think you can find it on elmwoodmagic.com.

It looks and works like a regular old wallet. Also it fits into your pocket. Or you could the mullica Hip pocket wallet as well. Which is a no palming card to wallet.

Mar 26, 2008
Los Angeles
get a double backed card put it into your normal wallet, during a performance false shuffle the card to the top, show your hands empty go into your pocket get the wallet take out the double backed card put it on top of the deck do a double. to clean up, push of the top card,hold small break pick up a sharpie or the card box in the same hand as the deck go into ur pocket as u put the object away leave the card in ur pocket. This is the CTW that i use.

May 31, 2008
get a double backed card put it into your normal wallet, during a performance false shuffle the card to the top, show your hands empty go into your pocket get the wallet take out the double backed card put it on top of the deck do a double. to clean up, push of the top card,hold small break pick up a sharpie or the card box in the same hand as the deck go into ur pocket as u put the object away leave the card in ur pocket. This is the CTW that i use.

Good idea, but I think you should've sent that in a PM. I think it's considered exposure.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario

Thanks for the idea, but I want it as simple as possible, nothing extra. Take my wallet out of my pocket, inside is the signed card.
Also I want to get a new wallet anyway and I thought it might as well have a magical use as well.

So, I'm still taking suggestions but I'm liking Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet so far.

May 31, 2008
The first trick I ever saw was an ambitious card routine with a card to wallet as a closer. To this day I don't know how he got my signed card into a pocket in his wallet all folded up.

card to wallets

I used to use the Mullica Wallet, I love it because it has a kicker and it actualy ends up in a wallet inside of the original wallet. Plus you don't have to folt it up, it can stay flat.

The wallet I currently use is the Black's Chain Wallet card to wallet. This requires a murcury fold, but it doesn't look like some random wallet. The only thing that sucks is you also have to fold your money as well to get it in the wallet - weird - not like regular chain wallets or just BiFold wallets in general where your mones slides in horizontally. Kinda lame but I'm poor so there's hardly any cash in there anyway haha

the chain wallet card to wallet also has a zippered pocket they can reach into and the best part is when you unsnap the wallet you fold it around to open the wallet which also hides the secret part so you can hold the wallet at your fingertips both sides and let the spectator unzip the pocket, reach in, and pull it out.

ta'da.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
The first trick I ever saw was an ambitious card routine with a card to wallet as a closer. To this day I don't know how he got my signed card into a pocket in his wallet all folded up.

Well that makes it even easier. Just do a Mercury Card Fold, fingerpalm it and do any of the Card to Wallets already suggested. And since the object is smaller, you can hide it much easily and you can even use the Ramsey Subtlety.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Well that makes it even easier. Just do a Mercury Card Fold, fingerpalm it and do any of the Card to Wallets already suggested. And since the object is smaller, you can hide it much easily and you can even use the Ramsey Subtlety.

'Cept I can't do the mercury card fold. Like at all.. and I have already a big list of things I want to practice and learn :p. Thanks though :D.

I've now a decision between the mullica wallet and Real's man's wallet... still if you know of any other good CTW I'd like to hear of them. Or help me with my decision between the two.
Thanks everyone..

Dec 4, 2008
Sorry I haven't looked at this thread for a while. To answer your question the Jardonnet wallet uses regular zippo lighter fluid. The card to wallet is very simple. The lighter fluid usually lasts for the day and then it must be refilled, but it will definitely last an entire show. I like the added benefit of being able to catch my wallet on fire before I do the card revelation. I think it adds to the effect, but it is not necessary.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results