Tampa,Florida
Hey
i just got into cardistry and flourishing and was wondering which dvds to get:
Xtreme begginers
The system
Genesis
The trilogy
dangerous

Please let me know which ones are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Genesis is really good for beginners but Trilogy is the best overall for cardistry, it's also one of the more advanced choices. It's possible to do some of the things on Genesis in hours/days/weeks but there are some on Trilogy that will take you months/years to get fluid.

The Trilogy discs have pretty much everything thats on The System dvd by the way. Can't speak to Xtreme or Dangerous.

As far as I can remember, Xtreme Beginners is probably the best thing to pick up for your basic fanning knowledge as far as DVDs go. I haven't watched it in so long I can't quite recall all the material aside from the fanning section.

Overall i'd say, based on my personal opinion, Genesis is the better DVD to choose for beginners. Theirs a nice variety of fun moves to learn and great knowledge pick up.

Dangerous & The Trilogy have some really fun things to learn, but most of their respective material will probably frustrate you to no end if you're just starting out. (At least that's what happened to me. :p)

Sep 30, 2011
Tampa,Florida
As far as I can remember, Xtreme Beginners is probably the best thing to pick up for your basic fanning knowledge as far as DVDs go. I haven't watched it in so long I can't quite recall all the material aside from the fanning section.

Overall i'd say, based on my personal opinion, Genesis is the better DVD to choose for beginners. Theirs a nice variety of fun moves to learn and great knowledge pick up.

Dangerous & The Trilogy have some really fun things to learn, but most of their respective material will probably frustrate you to no end if you're just starting out. (At least that's what happened to me. :p)
ok man thanks im not a beginner im just starting out to learn the hard stuff i learned the basics from youtube and the cardist.com so i know how to do a sybil and the helix and the b4 and all that stuffff but thanx anyway!!!!! :]

ok man thanks im not a beginner im just starting out to learn the hard stuff i learned the basics from youtube and the cardist.com so i know how to do a sybil and the helix and the b4 and all that stuffff but thanx anyway!!!!! :]

The Cardist has actually put up a rather nice selection of videos to learn from. Great little place. In that case, you'll probably benefit nicely from DVDs like System, Trilogy, and Dangerous. All the best man.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
If you got the basics down, some of the fine points to continue from there are Genesis 2 and Xtreme Beginnerz (trust me, De'vo's definition of "beginners" is a little different from our definition) and you should also check out Jerry Cestkowski's Encyclopedia of card flourishes which is awesome to say the least. Also, if your system of learning is picking 1-3 flourishes at a time and mastering them, then moving on to another flourish/set of flourishes, you should consider The Wire, right here on Theory11. It has some awesome intermediate and hard stuff and the best part of it: some of it is free!
So, good luck practicing and be sure to brag with videos of your newly acquired skills!

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I am not going to tell you which DVD to purchase, but I will offer a bit of advice that you do not want to overwhelm yourself. If it were me I would select one and really work hard on it and put in the practice and dedicate yourself. It will pay off.

It is very easy to fall into the vicious cycle of buy, buy, buy, and surround yourself with more than you can handle and then nothing gets accomplished.

How do I know this? Because it used to be me. Good luck and have fun. That is the most important part.

Feb 4, 2008
I'm sure the recommendations already listed are probably great for a beginner(I just floundered myself because I started before Genesis was released.LOL) I would say that for an intermediate my personal favorite is Dangerous. I say that because, as much as I enjoy flourishing, it still takes second seat to my magic and I enjoy combining the two. Over half of all DM flourish cuts are fully false. That makes them an extremely pragmatic choice of techniques to learn if you combine flourishing and magic.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I have experience with the mentioned products. They are all fantastic. But Genesis is an excellent source to get your feet wet in cardistry/flourishing. It is a great course in the foundations of the art and will bring you up to speed in your fundamentals as well as a jump start into more advanced maneuvers. So, I suggest purchasing that before all the others. G'luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results