Cardistry and flourishing dvds????

Dec 16, 2011
Hey guys,
I have been flourishing for the past 5 months now, taking time to masster the basics to have a good foundation.
Now i think i am ready for some intermediate stuff now.
Here are some dvds i plan on getting
The system
The trilogy
Solo
Paper Cuts
Mystique

Which one of these do you think is the best for me? i am a pretty fast learner and price doesnt matter much either i just want some thing that will keep me busy for the next couple of months
feed back and help is welcome!
Thanks,
Yousaf Ejaz

Oct 15, 2011
I don't about the rest but Papercuts is quite high in diffucutly level if you ask me so stay away from that. The system is farily medium though

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
Hey guys,
I have been flourishing for the past 5 months now, taking time to masster the basics to have a good foundation.
Now i think i am ready for some intermediate stuff now.
Here are some dvds i plan on getting
The system
The trilogy
Solo
Paper Cuts
Mystique

Which one of these do you think is the best for me? i am a pretty fast learner and price doesnt matter much either i just want some thing that will keep me busy for the next couple of months
feed back and help is welcome!
Thanks,
Yousaf Ejaz

I would suggest not getting the Trilogy or the System for now. I have Mystique as well as Papercuts. Mystique has almost twice the amount of flourishes than Papercuts. Although, not all of them are great. It depends on your style. Watch each trailer and see which you like the most in terms of style. They are all great DVDs and if you plan on getting all at some point, I would get Solo because it is new and looks promising.

Oct 27, 2011
India
I'd say go for dnd system and papercuts or daniel madison motion. Don't go for solo or trilogy.(It'll crush you).

-Punyesh

Feb 7, 2011
I don't about the rest but Papercuts is quite high in diffucutly level if you ask me so stay away from that. The system is farily medium though

I think the opposite too man. I say go with papercuts, there are some easy flourishes on there that will make you look like a pro. The system isn't for beginners. No matter many how many people started on it back in the day.

Jul 2, 2011
Genesis, Xtreme Beginners will do wonders for foundations, Solo, and Papercuts.....nah i dont like it

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
For me, the logical step up from the Genesis DVD's is The Trilogy. It is a big step up and will require a serious amount of time to master but if you can do the majority of things on Genesis, it's time for you to take that step.

Jun 22, 2011
Chicago
Hey there!
I would suggest getting the Trilogy. It has all the monumental moves that define cardistry. Can't go wrong with that!
John Heide

Oct 15, 2011
I think the opposite too man. I say go with papercuts, there are some easy flourishes on there that will make you look like a pro. The system isn't for beginners. No matter many how many people started on it back in the day.

Yeah sorry that was really late at night don't know what I was thinking they are both pretty good. And papercuts does have some pretty tight one that are easy

Dec 16, 2011
For me, the logical step up from the Genesis DVD's is The Trilogy. It is a big step up and will require a serious amount of time to master but if you can do the majority of things on Genesis, it's time for you to take that step.

Formula,
Thank you for taking the time to write what you think, i've made my mind and have decided to buy the trilogy and solo both.
Thanks for your help!

Dec 16, 2011
Hey Guys,
Thanks so much to all for taking the time to think and write your opinions, I have decided to go with Solo by MJ and The Trilogy by the buck twins. I was considering to get paper cuts, but as Gareth said I should get something that suites me and my style, Solo ssuits my style and i am getting the trilogy becuase it has classics like Pandora, Carnahan Fan,Etc.
But Thanks again to all for the help, I really appreciate it!
Thanks,
::Yousaf Ejaz

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Solo is a really good choice. Not a biased opinion, I swear, it's just that his style suits me more. The difficulty of those 14 flourishes vary, as in some are quick and easy, while some may give you a serious challenge. I think the moves on Solo feel "complete", as in it was thought through really well. It didn't seem like any of the flourishes were sub-par; they all met my expectations. The 4 flourishes that are in the Bonus Collection are quick and easy to do, and it helped me stem my own cuts with those ideas. I have Papercuts, but I didn't like it. In my opinion, half of the flourishes feel incomplete. They were mediocre. And the performances of each flourish took longer than the explanations...which really annoyed me. But Solo is a great choice, everything about that DVD has a great style and rhythm. Definitely recommended.

Dec 16, 2011
Solo is a really good choice. Not a biased opinion, I swear, it's just that his style suits me more. The difficulty of those 14 flourishes vary, as in some are quick and easy, while some may give you a serious challenge. I think the moves on Solo feel "complete", as in it was thought through really well. It didn't seem like any of the flourishes were sub-par; they all met my expectations. The 4 flourishes that are in the Bonus Collection are quick and easy to do, and it helped me stem my own cuts with those ideas. I have Papercuts, but I didn't like it. In my opinion, half of the flourishes feel incomplete. They were mediocre. And the performances of each flourish took longer than the explanations...which really annoyed me. But Solo is a great choice, everything about that DVD has a great style and rhythm. Definitely recommended.

Casey,
Thanks for letting me know, Yes I agree michaels style suits me, but chris hestnes's stuff i like but they dont suite my style, so solo and the trilogy it is!
Thanks,
::Yousaf Ejaz

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results