Cardistry DVD help

Nov 1, 2009
Hey, Im really into cardistry and I want to buy a new DVD and I wondered what you guys think is the best cardistry DVD and why. Thanks : )

Nov 7, 2009
Theres no such thing as a best cardistry dvd...
It depends on your skill and how fast you want ot learn.

If you are a complete beginner then get Genesis v1

If you are intermediante get The System by Dan and Dave

If you are expert get The trilogy or Dangerous

Also this has been asked before numerous times. Next time use the search engine

Apr 6, 2010
I actually recommend The Trilogy if your amateur, or an established beginner. Once you have a basic knowledge of cardistry The Trilogy will actually accentuate your skills, because it forces you to work harder as it does not spoon feed you.

It has a tonne of stuff that will last you ages, but the price is pretty steep.

trilogy for amateur? it's kinda hard don't u think? pandora? an amateur can't learn it.... he will need some knowledge like tornado cut... or for other flourishes something like revolution cut ....sybil...i think trilogy is something for experts...
i think "AlfieWhattamMagic" has listed the best ones^^

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I don't know about that. I do think that Genesis would be a great place to start but the Trilogy could be first too. That is what I started with and I can do most of the flourishes on there just fine. No, I can't do Pandora yet but most of Jackson 5 and all the other ones I can at least do. Still working on the smoothness though. You can start with whatever you want. There are some pretty damn hard things on the System too such as Kryptonite and 000.327.0000. Not the easiest things in the world.

-G

Apr 6, 2010
I don't mean to sound cocky, and maybe im just naturally good at it, but i started magic one month ago today, and i can do akira, eko and many other complex cuts off the trilogy since i got it only 2 weeks ago.

If you have the right frame of midn and stick at it they are not hard to learn. I learnt sybil, charlier, revolution and all the basics off youtube and then went straight to the trilogy and it has done wonders for me. They teach most of them anyway on the everythingelse section, including the ones i just mentioned.

If you want something that is both challenging and resourceful the trilogy is just fine.

It seems like most people are used to being spoon fed though so for them it would not be so suitable.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
No, that isn't very remarkable at all. Anyone can do most of those after about 4-5 days. Smoothness and speed are the things that actually matter and I don't think you can achieve a good deal of both of those in 2 weeks. When I first started, I could "do" Eko , Akira, and Genesis in about 3 days. But it still looked like crap. Just because you can do something right away does not mean you are any good at it. Not saying that you aren't, just pointing out those facts.

-G

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
No, that isn't very remarkable at all. Anyone can do most of those after about 4-5 days. Smoothness and speed are the things that actually matter and I don't think you can achieve a good deal of both of those in 2 weeks. When I first started, I could "do" Eko , Akira, and Genesis in about 3 days. But it still looked like crap. Just because you can do something right away does not mean you are any good at it. Not saying that you aren't, just pointing out those facts.

-G

well if they're doable right away, why shouldn't a beginner get them? It'll take him just as long to get the stuff in Genesis looking smooth, so why not The Trilogy?

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I don't know whether you noticed this, but I actually said that I started with the Trilogy and that he could really start wherever he wanted. I was merely saying that a lot of time and dedication is going to have to be put into these kind of things. Sorry if it did not come across that way.

-G

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I haven't gotten too much into Cardisty, and when I got the Trilogy, I was overwhelmed. I later found out about De' Vo and I am still trudging along with that, but how beginner is Genesis???

Apr 6, 2010
Genesis is supposedly the best for beginners, and by what i have seen from the trailer and description it appears so. It describes all the basics in good detail and apparently has a good way of teaching them.

The trilogy has got a lot on it and overwhelmed me at first but its good because it doesnt spoon feed you and therefore forces you to do a bit of work, i find that because it isn't as clear in teaching as other dvds i have to work a little harder and figure out certain finger positions and movements myself, which therefore makes them suit my style more personally and improves my skill a lot more.

If you are not sure about the trilogy i would say get genesis, i took a gamble with the trilogy and it was fine, but $75 is a steep price to pay if you cant spare the cash.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results