Cardistry noob

Aug 31, 2007
Hey guys. This is the first time that I've ever really decided to sit down and learn flourishing. I've been doing little things for years which I've learned from friends but I can never seem to do packet flourishes (Sybil, Pandora, Twisted Rain ect...) and I was wondering what flourishes and dvds would be an easier set to take a go at and then what would be some good dvds to go to afterwards? I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Tyler

Sep 20, 2008
you can either head straight for Trilogy/System flourishes which will throw you into the ice cold water head on or you can ease your way off by getting Mcbride's Dvd.

I'd suggest the MOTION dvd by daniel madison for a second phase.

So in a difficulty ranking (hardest to easiest)

Trilogy: Disk 2/ The System
Motion
Anything else.

i was going to suggest Generation X by Brian tudor as well- though the flourishes are not that hard, he simply doesnt go over it thoroughly enough for you to learn it.

lol..other than xtreme beginers the triligy was my first cardistry dvd..but to answer ur question motion and the system ar great to buy..also some one on ones are good...mainly daniel madison ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 20, 2008
Nice. definitely recommend checking out that decknique thread. though it does seem outdated a bit. that's the only downside!

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Strange thing though,I began flourishing by learning the sybil before anything else and after that went straight into the trilogy.
Took me two weeks to get the sybil down with moderate speed and smoothness.
And then I learned to bridge a deck of cards which took me forever.

May 18, 2008
I started with Motion by Daniel Madison.

I would try that. I can do most of the flourishes off of Dangerous well with speed and fluidity but have gotten NOTHING in the way of flourishes from the Trilogy.

Still was definitly worth the money though. I am going to buy the fourth volume and the System soon.

I would definilty reccomend Motion at first.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results