Carnahan Fan Fluidity

Apr 6, 2010
Just wondering if anyone can give me a hand here.

I can do the fan fine, really nice and smoothly and without dropping cards, i can usually close it well too.

My problem is, that i have to start in the grip to get it nice, i really want to be able to do it on impulse in the middle of a split deck cut or whatever, but i just have a tonne of trouble getting the grip really quickly.

Im practicing it a lot but to no avail, just wondered if anyone could give me some tips on finger positions etc.

Cheers.

Jul 30, 2009
Hey!
I would say its one of those things who needs time and practice to get it well!
dont expect good result fast, be patient go in parallel with other moves, have fun because if no fun... Quit!!! - just kidding!

Sep 20, 2008
Hi there,

I find that it suits me better to have a deeper grip with the fan, so usually, it takes me a split-second to re-adjust, and fan out. Rather than from mechanics, carnahan grip, Caranahan fan.

Mine goes, Mechanics-Readjust to a deeper carnahan, Fan out.

Anyways, I get the deeper grip by using my index to push the deck a bit backwards.

What works for me, may not work for you though, its all about trial and error. I found out about this through just messing around- I like spontaneously just doing carnahans. :)

-Sin

Apr 6, 2010
Cheers man, i found it easier already! I;m sure i shall get a good grip on it once i practice some more.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results