Cellular Mitosis by Docc Hillford

Here is what the audiences sees:

A spectator is asked to think of any thought. It can be a name, a place, a date, a number, a color, any thought at all. A phone number is randomly selected from any phonebook. THERE IS NO FORCE OF THE NAME OR NUMBER FROM THE BOOK! The person is called and asked to guess at what the spectator is thinking. The person NAMES THE THOUGHT!! The spectator speaks to the randomly selected person and he tells the spectator exactly what he's thinking!

This is EXACTLY what the spectator sees, NO JOKE. Ridiculous? Read on.

*There are two bonus effects that I won't be reviewing.

I am basically a mentalism NOOB, but I try my best. This is possibly the strongest mentalism effect I own. Simply unbelievable. The workings of this effect are so simple, yet so devious.

There are two methods, one using a phonebook, and one for those who don't have access to a phonebook at the time of the performance. The phonebook method is NOT gimmicked, nor is the other method. There are no forces for the phonebook method, and there is only one sleight, which I know sounds weird for the description of the effect but it is true. Most magicians should be able to pull the sleight off easily.

-Phonebook method-
(Test 2)

The phonebook:

The phonebook is un-gimmicked and unchanged. It can be brought by a spectator if that is what the performer would like.

The selection of the number:

The selection is not force, they can pick ANYONE. By anyone I mean, business, home number, cell number, dog, Chris Kenner, Wayne's shoe lace. ANYONE.

The phone:

The phone is un-gimmicked, there are absolutely no button switches or inner mechanics. The phone can be borrowed.

The person on the other line:

The person who you will be talking to is not set up, they are a complete stranger.

-No Phonebook method-
(Test 1)

Set up:

There is some set up for this effect, it is nothing you can't do in a minute or less.

The selection of the number:

The spectator will need to select someone on YOUR phone, and yes, there is a force. Very subtle, the spectator won't notice it.

The phone:

The phone once again is not gimmicked.

The person on the other line:

The person on the other line will be someone you know, it can be a friend, relative, teacher, anyone you know.

--------------------------------------------------

Final thoughts:

I have used this on stage, and have gotten great reactions. I personally use Test 2 more often as the convincer is so much more... well, convincing. They really get the idea that the person on the phone was able to come to their thought.

I HIGHLY recommend this effect for ANY mentalist or aspiring mentalist. It can be an utterly devastating effect. But proper practice must be put into the presentation for this effect, because without the right presentation, this will just be passed off as something "cool" for the spectator.

Any questions about the book? Feel free to ask.

Mitchell

Sep 8, 2007
Wow thanks for the review man. I've heard a lot of crap about this trick, but I'll keep on researching it.

Brucelee

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results