Cerca Trova

Jul 22, 2013
California
I know that's the principle Theory 11 is based around; I just thought it was odd that Google gave such a different translation than what I thought.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
"Hello I'm Wayne Houchin. And welcome to A&E biography. Today's topic: Cerca Trova, what does it really mean? Naturally derived from the latin word Cerca. And Trova. Hmmmm. Cerca meaning to circumcise and Trova being a type of small rodent: To circumcise a small rodent. Hmmmm!"

Sorry but please tell me someone remembers this reference!! hahaha :)

magicdamadude

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
"Hello I'm Wayne Houchin. And welcome to A&E biography. Today's topic: Cerca Trova, what does it really mean? Naturally derived from the latin word Cerca. And Trova. Hmmmm. Cerca meaning to circumcise and Trova being a type of small rodent: To circumcise a small rodent. Hmmmm!"

I nearly spit out my coffee to that LOL! Wayne Houchin is the freakin man.

Ciao!

"Cerca Trova" is not Latin, but "quite" Italian, is a very old motto (around 1500!) on a famous painting in Firenze, it sounds like "if you will look for it, you will find it". I'm guessing why this is on the Monarchs...

Here it is something interesting from wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Anghiari_(painting)#Possible_rediscovery

"Maurizio Seracini, an Italian expert in high-technology art analysis, believes that Leonardo's Anghiari is hidden behind one of the mural Battle of Marciano in Val di Chiana (1563) painted by Vasari. In the upper part of Vasari's fresco, 12 meters above the ground, a Florentine soldier waves a green flag with the words "Cerca trova" ("He who seeks, finds"). These enigmatic words are suggested to be a hint from Vasari, who had praised The Battle of Anghiari highly in his writings, incomplete and damaged as it was.

Seracini believes it is unlikely that Vasari would have willingly destroyed da Vinci's work. Vasari's concealment and preservation of another painting, Masaccio's Holy Trinity, during a subsequent renovation project also assigned to him by Cosimo I, is cited as precedent."

There is something hidden below the pips? ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results