Chad Nelson trick?

Oct 19, 2007
In Chads SURFACED dvd he's preforming some trick toward the end of the live preformances were he took the 3 of spades and threw it up in the air and it appeared in the guys shirt (run on sentence). I was wondering if this trick is out yet or is chad still holding on to this?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
In Chads SURFACED dvd he's preforming some trick toward the end of the live preformances were he took the 3 of spades and threw it up in the air and it appeared in the guys shirt (run on sentence). I was wondering if this trick is out yet or is chad still holding on to this?

It was part of his lecture, there are a couple of members here or in the Dan and dave forums that were looking to sell their dvd's from the lecture.

D

Deleted member 2755

Incorrect. That was a different card to pocket effect. The one taught in the lecture is awesome, but it is not the one on the Surfaced DVD. I know. I was there.:p

-Doug

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Incorrect. That was a different card to pocket effect. The one taught in the lecture is awesome, but it is not the one on the Surfaced DVD. I know. I was there.:p

-Doug

Really? I was looking for that trick myself some time ago, and I asked for it in D&D forums, a guy told me that the card to pocket that I saw in the surfaced dvd was in the lecture disk, what did chad said about that trick in the lecture? does he plans to realease it?

D

Deleted member 2755

Really? I was looking for that trick myself some time ago, and I asked for it in D&D forums, a guy told me that the card to pocket that I saw in the surfaced dvd was in the lecture disk, what did chad said about that trick in the lecture? does he plans to realease it?

I think some people aren't checking their Surfaced discs. I own both Surfaced and the lecture disc. I love both. The card to pocket routine on the lecture disc goes as follows:

A card is given to the spectator (they see the face of it) and they put it themselves in their pocket. Another card is then presented. With a quick color change, the card in the performer's hand changes to the card that was placed into the spectator's pocket (by themselves). The card is then removed from their own pocket by the spectator to show that it has actually changed to the card originally in the performer's hand.

It's more of a card transpo in a spectator's pocket. It's really awesome, but I have yet to actually perform it.

As for him releasing it, anything is possible. I have known about the Svengali Control since last September because it was on his lecture disc. (The video file is different than the On Demand though.) It's possible this effect will see the light of day eventually. I can't say anything about the method here obviously, but it takes a lot of guts to perform this one.

I still remember the reaction when it was being performed at Tannens. Everyone was floored and I remember the person standing in front of the room who was the spectator. He just laughed, stomped his foot on the ground hard, and said "Oh c'mon!" It was a magical moment.

-Doug

Apr 1, 2009
California
I like to think that the card magically appeared in the man's pocket thank you very much. Not him sticking it in there prior.

Keeps me... young.

May 3, 2008
is different than the On Demand though.)

I still remember the reaction when it was being performed at Tannens. Everyone was floored and I remember the person standing in front of the room who was the spectator. He just laughed, stomped his foot on the ground hard, and said "Oh c'mon!" It was a magical moment.

-Doug
That's what I thought when they showed us the method. I was like "Holy ******* **** on a ******* sandwich." All I did was laugh and marvel at the bold and genius that is Chad Nelson.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results