Cheap Porper Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2007
i was looking up card clips and i stubbled accross this place and i am not sure if i should get it [Link Removed By Moderator] because i have never heard of this place before.

so what do you think has anyone bought any thing from here i looks pretty scetchy and for only 8 bucks?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Yeah, I wouldn't trust it. I don't see how they could sell a Porper clip for only $8. Never heard of the place either. I wouldn't trust it.

-Doug

Oct 28, 2007
that was what i was thinking but how is it any better then other clips like the E clips?

D

Deleted member 2755

If I were you, I would get Dan and Dave Porper Clip, even though it is expensive, but it is worth it in the long run.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but several people have told me in the past not to get Dan and Dave's Porper because there is a difference between theirs and the originals. Looking at the pictures you can see the difference.

Look at this one from D&D's site.
classic-clip_black.jpg

Now look at the original.

PorperCardClip.jpg

You can see the spine on the backs look different. Can someone who owns a clip please tell me whether or not the spine makes a difference because I have been told by more than a few XMers that its the spine that actually tightens the deck more to really make the cards flattened. Thanks.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Seems plausible, but as I know the porpers of Dan and Dave are made of one brick of metal and not a bend plate I has it's form and wants to stay in that form. I don't know if the other porpers are made out of a plate, but it would seem to me it wouldn't care, although you easilier think that the one with the bend wants to give more strength, it can also 'take' more energy so it's more bendable, it's just the way you look it. I think they're both worth their money and the 8 dollar deal can't be real. Most of the time if a deal looks too good to be true, it normally is.

Oct 28, 2007
i know right! i'm thinking that he made these himself because dude 8 bucks they are probably made of cardboard and he has it in a color named after him

Feb 26, 2008
Chicago
I have the original. The semi circle spine forces the clip to be in an angled position. This forces the cards to straighten out, if in bad shape and will help your cards last longer. Remember clean your hands before using cards because the clip won't save you from that. Only negative of the original is you can only use regular tall hos or bicycle(variations like pro), not ellusionist or theory 11.

D

Deleted member 2755

The shipping will probably make up the rest of the cost...

I was curious how much shipping was and I didn't even need to check. Click Add to cart and watch as the price will suddenly change.:p

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

Guys, I'm actually going to lock the thread now for a reason I won't say. However, you'll find the reason with a quick surf of the site. Let's just say I'll be writing a nice message to Dan and Dave's site.

Do not buy from this site. From what I am seeing, they have no morals.

-Doug

Oct 28, 2007
holy s***! i clicked it and it was $500! what the hell were are they shipping from? space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results