Check this out!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by popchris3, May 18, 2008.

1. I have been into magic for almost 6 years now, performing and inventing. I use regularly the Penguin Forums, but this is my first time using these. I wanted to see how opinions differ on these forums. Here are a few effects I have created and would like you guys to review please.

An effect called, Le Monte Transpo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKK3C42WFTE

An effect called, Thermo Fusion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2hA1EeLabc

An effect called, Blindsighted by a Red Hot Mama.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfqgx34bick

Please rate and review!

Thanks for reading and hopefully watching!

2. Uhm....

I think you need to work on making them a bit clearer for the audience.

If it is not 100% clear of what's going on, the trick cannot be as effective as it can be.

i honestly did not get what happened, so work on that.

3. Le Monte Transpo 00:38 listen hahahahahahah loool

4. Interesting..

The 'Thermo Fusion' was way to confusing, it just didnt make any sense.

And the others were just fairly simple.

I wasnt a big fan, but well done for attempting mate.

5. hi, always nice to see a new member!
    so here's what i think about your tricks:

Le Monte Transpo:
    a nice little trick, nothing too fancy but quite good. i liked the presentation and everything.

effect: 7/10
    handling/presentation: 7/10

Thermo Fusion:
    well, i think the effect is pretty nice, but your presentation wasn't. it was just too long and too much before you got to the actual effect. i mean the part where you have both cards come to the top is too long, especially because you do it twice for no reason.

effect: 6/10
    handling/presentation: 3/10

Blindsighted by a Red Hot Mama:
    ok, i am not really a fan of this one, but maybe that is because i just don't like the whole style of the trick . your presentation was good, but i don't know, it's just not a trick i enjoy watching or i would enjoy doing i guess.

effect: 6/10
    handling/presentation: 6/10

6. You remind me of another member on these forums. Your presentation is very similar to that of Michael Kras... I just thought it was funny.

As for your effects, they weren't bad, nothing special. But Thermo-Fusion was MUCH too long. I got bored after about 2 minutes. Try to get to the point, for such a fairly simple effect you made it much more complicated than it should be...

Mitch

7. I do not mean to sound rude but I caught you on every single trick. I think you may want to practice a bit more before posting other videos. Also, you need to be more clear when you talk as well as have better patter. Possibly, you could make up a story for eahof the tricks. My final decission is that you need more practice. But don'y let this discourage you... just keep working.

8. Michael is the guy who sounds a lot like Jay isnt he Mitchell?

Its interesting that he seems to be both of your 'mentors'

Im trying to get this across a bit more lately (In the competition below especially) but people need to start creating and using their own style. Magic shouldnt be about the 'norm'.

9. I understand many of you will catch that. Yeah, I was thinking about changing the length of Thermo-Fusion. And people, trust me, that is not the way I perform when I am actually... well... performing.

10. Awoowah.... Alright. :D

11. LOL! Oh, that was HILARIOUS! :D