"Chemistry Magic"?

Sep 17, 2007
Hey All,

I just watched a stage performance not too long ago which was called "Chemistry Magic", and it featured a guy on stage doing rather cool stuff with Science. I'm not referring to things like mixing Baking Soda and Vinegar but he was really doing stuff with both cards and a lot of chemicals, and it was relatively nice. There were things like colour changes, switches disappearances and all that, which made me wonder if any of you (perhaps the scientifically inclined?) might know anything about it or where I can learn more.

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
This might not be exactly what you're looking for but it made me think of this book I bought years back. It's called Science Magic Tricks by Nathan Shalit. Published by Dover. ISBN: 0-486-40042-5

"Over 50 safe tricks — all based on scientific principles. Grade-schoolers using common, everyday items will soon be performing such mystifying feats as making squares and lines disappear, creating a magical doorway out of paper, cutting glass with scissors, inserting a pin in a balloon without popping it, and much more."

Probably not exactly what you're looking for but check it out anyway... It was under $5...

Jan 23, 2008
hey I did a Chemistry Magic Show for Colorado State University like 2 years back I mixed up a solution of what glow sticks are made of and then dipped one of my fingers in it and then used d"lights to "throw" it around. I was just one small act of the magic part while they exploded things with cesium and stuff

Sep 17, 2007
-Remind me to get some glow sticks pronto-

Well, the one that I saw had the magician pulling glass bottles and all kinds of paraphernalia out of a beaker, and you could almost swear the beaker was empty, though I didn't get to touch it. Then he called a member of the audience up on stage and forced a card (if my magical eye has not failed me). He told the guy to write down the name and suit of his card on a piece of paper and proceeded to make the writing disappear off the paper. Now I know this might be disappearing ink, but he then pulled out a handkerchief and made the guy's writing appear on the handkerchief. This is just some of the many things he did, and I must say I was pretty impressed; I tried searching around and I found a lot of books teaching the Chemistry part, but I didn't really find anything that talks about the magic.

Jan 23, 2008
-Remind me to get some glow sticks pronto-

I found a lot of books teaching the Chemistry part, but I didn't really find anything that talks about the magic.

This is probably because he incorporated magic into what he knew about chemistry

Hey I PM'd u

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results