Chris Kenner : Q&A >>> You Ask. I Answer.

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Guys,

Hope all is well. Tonight is Tuesday and theory11 has two videos shoots going on at once. A bunch of 1-on-1's will be up THIS week as well. In the meantime, and while we're shooting some stuff, I had an idea.

We get a lot of emails every day from theory11 members around the globe. I thought it'd be neat to address some of these questions head-on, on video, direct in the media section. So ask away. Post your questions-- preferably just one question per member-- in this thread.

All questions must be submitted before 11:00pm EST tonight.

Tonight, right before we turn the cameras on, we will look through the entire thread and pick out 5 of the best questions. I'll answer these on camera directly, and will post the video in the media section immediately thereafter.

The video Q&A will be uploaded in the media section just a few hours later-- at around 11:00pm PST (2:00am EST) at the latest. Funny questions, serious questions, simple questions, complex questions-- feel free to ask whatever you wish.

The only rule is that the questions must be topical to magic / theory11 and family friendly (don't ask about my collection of leather backless pants).

Look forward to reading your posts tonight. In the meantime... ask away!

UPDATE: Video has been posted. Check it.

CK.

Sep 2, 2007
how is torn asunder- hahaha, just kidding

How large is the batcave, and how miuch, percentage wise, would you estimate is taken up by decks of cards?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
In a previous thread, someone was talking about photos of Theory11 headquarters. any chance of those being taken and posted anytime soon? Also, I emailed you about an autograph from you on the back of a single playing card for the kids in my magic ring. Have you received that email? Thanks Chris! You rock! See you in Vegas!

Why do you honestly love magic? Magic is an art that has been classed as many things, tabbo, deception, unseemly, fake, a con, foolish, disrespectful, evil, stupid, and probably the worst of all, wrong. So why do you (and I also mean we) love it so much? What draws you to it and why have you been invloved in it for so many years.

SharpestLives

Sep 16, 2007
Raalte
youtube.com
Are you going to make a DVD or a videoclip for the 1on1 section containing a few or more tricks from the book '' Totally Out of Control '' ? Because alot of tricks on there is something for me to use. Although the book is very hard to get your hands on, especially in Europe.

Aug 31, 2007
California
A lot of people say that magic is not an art, and just another hobby.

I, myself, believe magic CAN be an art, and there are few people that can create magic into an artform.

What are your thoughts on the subject? Do you think magic is an art? Or can be?

Thanks,

Keenan

C

clarrus

What is the T11's staff (you guys) future idea of T11? Like what are the next big changes and where is T11 headed.
I.E The Wire being set up etc.

Sep 1, 2007
California
My BIG question

What's the real deal with Digital Dissolve? Will it be coming back to the site and was the whole issue about the "stolen" effect resolved? I'm just really curious because the night I was finally allowed to buy it, DD disappeared off the site and yeah...I was sort of disappointed. Anyhow, if my question can be answered elsewhere like in a different topic thread, could someone please point that out or show it to me? Please and Thanks

, the KOC

My question is a fairly simple one....and has nothing to do with your backless leather pants:

Which effect in your long career of magic has been the most challenging thing for you to learn, or, for you to become good enough to perform it for an actual audience. If you've never had trouble with someone elses effect than, how about your own effects which you've created.

-Happy Holidays,
-RA69

Hey whats the trick that solidified your career?
Also, whats the best formula for a routine, is there a place out there where i can find one with tricks i already know or can you give me tips on where to start?

Thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I absolutely love the Guardian decks. I also love the effects here at Theory11, but I'm sad to say that I have yet to perform either for anyone besides family due to not having Guardian gimmicks for effects such as Distortion and Panic.

Will we be seeing these offered here anytime soon?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Nov 5, 2007
Benicia, CA
Are you related to Tom Arnold? I swear y'all could be brothers :D

To followup "Brokeback Magic Mountain", I'd like to see your version of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito's "Twins" starring Chris Kenner and Tom Arnold. Feel free to cast Katie in Kelly Preston's role...

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Would the Theory11 artists ever consider the idea of going on a nationwide (and that includes Canada) tour? Your loyal, and sometimes nutty fans would love the opportunity to meet the creative minds behind Theory11. The tour would be hitting 1 magic shop in town, doing some sort of lecture, kicking back, meeting and greeting...etc...

Sorry...one more question:

Any plans on releasing a Guardians Gaff Deck? The deck could include gimmicks (except for the distortion one...or includes plans on how to finish it) for all of the Theory11 tricks, plus other gaff ideas. I actually have an idea for a gaff, but due to me having a final exam tomorrow morning (ugh) I haven't had time to post a pic of my idea.

Thanks for this awesome opportunity. Theory 11 is by far the coolest spot on the net!

Aug 31, 2007
How has the art of magic made a difference in your life? In others' lives?

What would your life be like without magic?

Thanks!

Aug 31, 2007
How do you feel about magicians with big egos?

I personally think it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. That's why I respect you, too. You're very skilled, yet humble. (But I mostly respect you for having a '67 Shelby Mustang fastback, my dream car.)

When people talk about getting caught doing a sleight, or getting called out on the method, I always think to myself had they not been so involved in the "trick" portion, it would have never happened. In my opinion, you have to get the spectators frame of mind away from that, and get them to focus on having fun...thus, actually entertaining them instead of just doing a trick.

My question:

What's your opinion on entertaining an audience, as opposed to just showing them a trick?

Best.
Steve

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results