Classic Color Change!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
praetoritevong: ?

I know it may be a let down for some people, but 8 minutes of pure theory11 footage isn't going to be THAT bad. I'm looking forward to this, regardless of the quality of the trick.

You misunderstand. I'm thrilled at this 1-on-1, and I wasn't in any way commenting on the quality of the trick. I was merely observing that JB's observation was right - it's often done, but rarely well. Hence my post, saying that it's great - the only thing I hope for now is that people actually watch it and take it to heart.

Oct 18, 2008
everytime I performed this change, I always felt like I was adding an extra gesture for no reason...

...this was definetly an eye-opener, many thanks.

(i don't know about the rest of you guys, but I have a hard time learning sleights from static illustrations, and verbal explanations - so its great to see alot of moves covered in video format)

to the guys @ theory11 - i recently bought CK's 1-on-1, SWE Shift, and now with JB's color change; are you guys possibly planning to release 'expert at the card table' as a dvd or video series?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
There are already many, many annotated and improved versions of the original text of the Bible, with that in mind, I'd say it would be highly, highly unlikely; you can try looking at some of the annotated versions that're written in modern English if you want a version which is clearer. But overall, I doubt it.

Aug 20, 2008
Thanks! I thought that i always performed it right, but I was wrong. Now i'm doing it right and i'll definetly use this one in my routines. But my favorites are still Ego change and clipshift :p

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Left handedness!

I <3 free things. Especially useful things.:p

I like it, and i'll definatle use the pointer JB gave me, but I still use my variation on the winter change + CCC, it's a little more visual, and the hands can be shown cleaner and more open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm interested as to how many people got this because it was free. How many people got it because it was JB. And how many people got it because they wanted tips on how to do it right...

... Curse my pessimistic view on some of the magic community.

Still, I never did learn this correctly and I think from watching JB do it, it'll become one of my favourite colour changes again.

- Sean

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I got it mainly because it was for free - because I seldom use this change. Perhaps now that I had the proper instructions, I will.

I originally learned the effect in a book way back and i cannot recall the name. But i remember is being refered to as the "Houdini Change."
And from there i took it and worked on angles and other little things i did not like about the effect.
I always got upset when seeing this effect performed on youtube videos or other random videos... but not performed well, or flashing, or so many other things that give it away. It pains me when people do not try to perform well.
So while i thank Theory11 for giving out this free 1on1 and everything, its really the job of the performer to try to make his magic/moves the best he can... no video is going to do that.
The people doing this are the same ones learning it on Ellusionist or something else, its really up to that performer to make it better.
But i hope that at least thing video with Bayme on it will inspire some to make theres better.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results