Classic palming a card...a journey with YOU as my guide

Aug 15, 2017
And I mean the title quite literally.I decided that no matter what size my hands are, I WILL learn the classic palm for cards. After all, even if I cannot do it straight away even after mastering it...Atleast I will be prepared to do it once my hand size increases.
And in all this, I would require a LOT of help from everyone here. So hoping that you guys will help me and suggest me ways of improvement...I am going to record almost all my problems, most prolly wih images, in this thread. It might irritate you guys, but I really wanna do this move.

So today is Day 1.

I am just learning how the palm should look. I am gonna upload a few pics of it, just to confirm that I am applying pressure at the right places. Please correct me if I am wrong...I do not really want to relearn it later. :)

PS:-I am really a blank page right now and will not have any prejudiced view or specific style according to which I will do the palm. So pls recommend whatever you think will benefit me.

THANK YOU!
Hope I am not being too irritating here.

Aug 15, 2017
So...The first pic is intended to show where I am actually applying pressure.
If it is looking as if my hand is a spider trying to do splits...just remember it is supposed to...I am just wanting to show WHERE I am applying pressure.

1522222123420-2134312864.jpg
The next pic is intended to show how, today (when I have started learning the palm) I can palm the card.
1522222308470-1383572843.jpg

I know it looks HELLA cramped, but remember, first day...right? :D
Also, a small problem here...I know I am supposed to apply pressure thru the base of the thumb. But for some reason (maybe hand size?) the pressure ends up getting applied by that area where there is the bottom most "line" (of the bottom most phalanx) of my thumb. See picture. Is that okay?

And I know that the thumb is not supposed to be sticking out so prominently like that, but at this stage, I just can't bring myself to do that.

Next pic is the backview of my hand while palming.

1522222823170377459736.jpg

Again, I know, cramped hand...awkward thumb. *sigh*

I also have a natural tendency to form a window between my ring finger and pinky, which takes a very conscious effort and force on my part, just to join to of my fingers. Who knew that one's fingers sometimes don't wanna listen to you?!?

Right now, my palm is extremely cramped and I feel EXTREMELY weird while doing it. My hand just feels unnatural. But I think these feelings will pass away with time.

Tell me if I am doing ANYTHING wrong...just don't bash me up about it. :)

Also also also...srry abt the quality of the pics, but the ones I took with my best camera are supposedly ''too large for the server to process'', so...

Aug 6, 2017
I think this is great for the first day! I was like that. My thumb was awkward too. You've probably heard this but I recommend to walk around with a card palmed in each hand to get more used to it. I think you are on your way!

Aug 1, 2008
Is a classic palm SUPPOSED to be angle-proof from the front?

By front, I mean the eye-level front...

The classic palm is not very angle sensitive. The best angle of course would be directly facing the back of your hand, but keep in mind that even if it is slightly visible, your hand might be completely unimportant with a little bit of misdirection. Generally speaking, as long as you don't bring attention to your palming hand and the heat is somewhere else, you should be fine.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Why would you have a palmed card at eye level? I mean, admittedly I've done that, but I was specifically proving to someone that small hands don't prevent effective palming. In real performance I can't imagine a reason to do that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results