Classic pass question

Aug 15, 2017
Dunno if you guys remember my previous question on classic pass, but I finally became real serious at it. So do expect shjort questions on it periodically and do not hate me for it :) :) :)
Here's the thing, does it help make the move more invisible and look natural if the index is at the front? Because right now am just learning and I can still change myself. And the thing is, am comfortable with the index both, at the front shorter edge of the deck and at the side longer edge of it.
I know I should not worry about the invisibility of my pass in this phase, but just asking.
Because I do not want to develop any bad habits or useless ones.
Appreciate some help :)

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
He is saying he is comfortable with it either way, but which is preferable.
One might be more comfortable than the other. I mean, I am comfortable with Marlo's Tilt, but I prefer a Bluff Pass because I am more comfortable with it.

Also, I just realized he meant index finger not the card's index >.<

Which hand do you mean it for @Lord Magic? If it's the top hand, I think it looks more natural to have it on the shorter edge, and if it is the bottom one, I don't think it matters, but for me personally, the end of the long edge seems most comfortable, with the finger kind of curled around the short edge and wrapping around the corner.

It really should just be your standard Dealers or Mechanics Grip for one hand and Biddle grip for the other.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
If you are talking about the left "index" finger, better to refer to it as your left first finger. The left first finger should be in the same position as dealing position. That is, it should be on the outer end of the deck. The tips of the right ring and little finger contact your left first finger.

Aug 15, 2017
If you are talking about the left "index" finger, better to refer to it as your left first finger. The left first finger should be in the same position as dealing position. That is, it should be on the outer end of the deck. The tips of the right ring and little finger contact your left first finger.
thanx!

Aug 15, 2017
One might be more comfortable than the other. I mean, I am comfortable with Marlo's Tilt, but I prefer a Bluff Pass because I am more comfortable with it.

Also, I just realized he meant index finger not the card's index >.<

Which hand do you mean it for @Lord Magic? If it's the top hand, I think it looks more natural to have it on the shorter edge, and if it is the bottom one, I don't think it matters, but for me personally, the end of the long edge seems most comfortable, with the finger kind of curled around the short edge and wrapping around the corner.

It really should just be your standard Dealers or Mechanics Grip for one hand and Biddle grip for the other.
I appreciate the help!

Aug 15, 2017
I guess I should just have specified, I meant the left first finger...my bad
Lol, sorry for the confusion and thank you for the help

Aug 9, 2017
Dunno if you guys remember my previous question on classic pass, but I finally became real serious at it. So do expect shjort questions on it periodically and do not hate me for it :) :) :)
Here's the thing, does it help make the move more invisible and look natural if the index is at the front? Because right now am just learning and I can still change myself. And the thing is, am comfortable with the index both, at the front shorter edge of the deck and at the side longer edge of it.
I know I should not worry about the invisibility of my pass in this phase, but just asking.
Because I do not want to develop any bad habits or useless ones.
Appreciate some help :)
If you're serious about the pass, I highly suggest that you pick up Xavier Spade's pass project. It may be a little expensive, but it's worth your money. His thoughts on the pass alone, are very interesting. But he makes the pass way easier and different. I can't reveal here what's in the project, but I'll just say: It is amazing. He also teaches the cover pass, which is just such a smart, ingenieus and beautiful move..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results