Cleanest card to wallet?

Mar 6, 2022
Hey there! So I'm a high school student and have been performing magic tricks for around four years now. One of the magic tricks that gets the best reaction from people and that I love performing the most is the signed card to wallet. Except it is getting exceedingly hard to perform this trick to people as whenever I go to do any trick, my friends or whichever other kids I am performing for will fully surround me and assign different people to look at every part of my hands and my pockets which makes palming a card very difficult, especially seeing as I get really stressed out having people watching my hands and pockets so intensely. I've tried using duplicates but whoever i'm performing for makes me take off my jackets and sometimes even makes me empty out my pants pockets and because i've used the signed card to wallet trick before people often get suspicious when I don't let them sign the card. I really want to keep performing the singed card to wallet but would also like to feel confident that when I reach into my pocket to grab the card my hands will be empty so I can finally get the people watching me to stop harassing me about that one trick. If anyone has any recommendations of material I could watch or read to learn something like this or know of an effect I could buy that would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Cleanest Card to Wallet I know of is TKO 2.0. A bit of clothing requirement, but not related to color.

It's nice to have a couple different methods of performing the same trick, but beyond that trying to find a solution to having the same people watch you do the same trick again and again while having different people burn each hand is just not a practical endeavor. Bring in some new material and save the card to wallet for special occasions when you have more opportunity for audience management. The situation described above is just not tenable, but TKO 2.0 used for Card to Wallet is pretty awesome.

Reactions: YaakovA
Dec 5, 2015
A useful card to wallet to always have on you is a no palm card to wallet. I used to keep a double backer in my wallet with "your card" written on it. The basic idea was that the chosen card would be controlled to the top. I would say "how cool would it be if 'your card' was in my wallet" as I bring out my wallet. I open my wallet, as I bring attention to the card(double backer) inside. I pull the card out letting the spectator read and register the "Your Card" joke. Then I would bring that card to the top of the deck and execute a double lift. You end clean(ish) and you get to give the card out.

Another idea is Jay Sankey's card to wallet from his Extremely Ambitious project. It used to be on his YouTube channel but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Another idea is Jay Sankey's Paperclipped. It's not card to wallet but it has the same conclusion feeling you would get from card to wallet. Plus you can get away with the move while fully surrounded, with proper/easy misdirection.

Mar 6, 2022
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far! I'll definitely need to try out the no palm card to wallet and Jay Sankey's versions too! The TKO 2.0 looks great, but unfortunately, I don't think it will work well with my school uniform or my normal attire but I really appreciate the suggestion!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results