Cleaning playingcards

Oct 28, 2016
My playingcards are very old and sticky so I can't do tricks that well any more. But that are my first playingcards that I bought so I don't want to throw them away.
Can I somehow clean my cards or make them more slippery?

Nov 19, 2017
Thanks a lot.
Should I know something about it when I use it? Or just spraying on it?

You should probably just search " How to use fanning powder by School of Cardistry." on youtube. I personally haven't used it at all but know that's what you use.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Seriously just invest in brick of cards from Sam's, BJs, or Costco's. Best way to go. You can get like 12 decks for $15. When my cards get to the point you are talking about I either use them for practicing mercury card folds or just throw them away and crack open a new deck.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I suggest buying some new cards. Restoring old ones is just expensive and not worth it. Fanning powder doesn't work all the time, though it may for you.

Use this deck to do mercury folds or TnR practice, or if it is a "luxury" deck, save it for a collection.

I highly suggest taking Rick's option. You can buy a brick of Bicycle cards from a lot of places for very cheap.

trapeze

Elite Member
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Rick and Maaz are right. New cards are the ticket. A brick is very convenient if you can afford it. If you can't then buy a two pack of rider backs from Walmart...super cheap.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Aug 15, 2017
Know what? You should prolly buy a new deck.
But instead of throwing the old ones away, try and create some DIY stuff out of them...I mean, DIY does sound snobby sometimes, but card-pen-holders and show-pieces look AMAZING.

#savepaper...right?
:)

Oct 28, 2016
Thanks for that reply to all of you.
Maybe I should buy new cards and the old one get in to my "gallery"

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I agree about getting a new deck. It will be much better. This reminds me of one of my favorite commercials of all time:
haha

That said, I have 'successfully' cleaned a deck using a microfiber (read soft) cloth and individually rubbing each card until the oil is removed as much as possible. Being gentle to not bend the cards or wreck the edges. They were much improved.

Then I got a new deck and never bothered with that again. :)

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results