Click in cards

Nov 8, 2018
So i have a new deck of cards and i live in Utah and this time of year is the coldest(mornings are usually 9°F and evenings are 30°F) and on my way to school my new deck of cards got a click today and i'm worried it wont go away. I have other decks and i don't want any of them to have a click either. so if anyone can tell me what i can do to prevent a click or get rid of one it would be very helpful.

Feb 25, 2018
It’s only the whether that makes your deck have a click. The same thing happened to my decks and I freaked out. It will go away later and your deck will be fine. Don’t worry just be patient.:cool:

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
First of all, a click isn't that big of a deal, but I totally get if

A lot of factors can cause a click. Humidity is probably the biggest culprit though.

To fix it, try this:
  1. Shuffle the deck pretty well. Then Riffle Shuffle the cards into each other half face up, half face down. If possible, Faro them
  2. Put the cards back in the box
  3. Put the box in a card clip. If you don't have one, put them on a hardback book or a flat surface, and put another hardback book on top. Try to get all 3 centered on each other, but it's ok if they're a little off. Stack a bunch more books or weights on top
  4. Leave it for a while. 2 or 3 days, maybe even a week or 2. The longer you'll leave them, the better It will (probably be).
If you do have a card clip, use it to carry your deck around if you want.

Also, you may want to store your decks in a dryer place. I suggest going to Walmart or whatever and buying a container with a lid, the kind someone's grandma might use to store sowing supplies (not including those Danish cookie boxes). Nothing expensive, just a plastic box the size of a shoebox with a plastic lid that snaps on pretty nicely.

Reactions: MLG_Cat_MEME

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Also, you may want to store your decks in a dryer place.

Actually, it is the opposite in this situation. The dreaded click bend is a result of a change in humidity. The cards are at a set humidity in the box. When they are exposed to a different humidity, the edges of the cards either expand (due to a higher humidity) or contract (due to a lower humidity). Either way, the edges of the cards bend. I've had this happen traveling from high humidity in New Jersey to absolutely no humidity in Colorado.

As a test, take a quarter sheet of notebook paper and wet both edges with a little bit of water. The sides will curl up. That is what is happening to your cards but at a lesser degree.

I would leave the cards spread out on a table overnight and then reverse every other card and put them back in the deck case under some books or in a Proper card clip.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results