ClipShift Help

Dec 20, 2008
sugarland, tx
hey guys i was wondering if there is an easier method of the clipshift. I was also wondering that after you push down your pinkie, how do you prevent the noise of the card rubbing against the deck of cards. Thanks

Jun 22, 2009
Practice .

Pretty much....

If you just started to pick up this move dont rush it. I am spending literally 12 hours a day with the cards in my right hand practicing. And each day I learn something new about what I am needing to do to pull it off cleanly. Just keep at it, this is not a move you will get down in a week or even a month and be perfect with it.

Aug 5, 2009
Paris
I practice the clipshift for 1 month,
For the clip, if your pincky have a little bit of humidity, it will be easier.
if you do the correct clip, it will be easier for the next moves
for the shift, extend as far as you can you can, and try to not touch the deck.
For the placement always trying to go as far as you can inside, your finger will work hard, and will be able to do it with training

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
This should be in Card Magic. Cardistry isn't magic. Haha. But yeah. It took me six months to have the clipshift ready for performing. I still practice it all the time. Its just something that you need to practice.

Jul 25, 2008
i have been working on this for about 8 months and i still am working on the sound my advice is just to practice its a hard move but with all the applications for it it is so worth the hard work :)

Jul 1, 2009
KC Kansas
Even when I drive i work on the shift. I have it to where it barely makes any noise but its hard to totally make it silent. A good tip it to clip the card as high as you can between your ring and middle fingers.

Jun 17, 2008
malaysia
i also facing the same problem. the sound is my main problem. what i do is just do it in slow motion then try to see which fingers can let me control the deck so that it won't be any sound when execute the move. still practising every single day

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
Even when I drive i work on the shift. I have it to where it barely makes any noise but its hard to totally make it silent. A good tip it to clip the card as high as you can between your ring and middle fingers.
Hmmm, Clipshifting while driving? Sounds just as bad as texting and driving. There outa be a law!!!!

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
I could see it now, cop pulls you over, "Sir I noticed you were swerving back there, have you been drinking?" You - "Er a no officer, I was practicing my clipshift and wilst the bottom card was clipped it would not align with the top card correctly and my eyes diverted from the road for a sec". :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results