close up or street

Feb 12, 2011
this has been a common topic among magicians......which is better street magic or close up

close up more consider bar magic......at the magic shop counter....magic castle type

street magic is more on the go and u carry less tricks

i wanted to see what theory11 thinks

street or close up magic?

"Street" magic is close-up magic done to total strangers. Hit and run magic in the style of David Blaine.

When I think of street magic I think of two things:

1. Someone busking on the street
2. A marketing ploy by magic sites to appeal to teenagers.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm with Draven on this. My close up magic and street magic are the almost the exact same material. Some of the effects are performed in their hands (which is very strong) and some of it is done in my hands. A close up performance can be for a paying client or it could be for total strangers whom you just met in a hotel lobby. To be honest I don't see much of a difference.

this has been a common topic among magicians......which is better street magic or close up

Has it? I've been into magic quite a while and have never discussed it...

close up more consider bar magic......at the magic shop counter....magic castle type

street magic is more on the go and u carry less tricks

When did these rules come in?

Seriously 'street' magic (if there is such a thing) seems to just be standard strolling magic, except you just harass a stranger in the street and then bore them with your ambitious card. Them term is just as redundant as 'Underground magic' and seems to be mostly used to sell products.

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results