Close-Up Pad Cleaning

May 31, 2008
This is sort of a dumb question, I searched for an answer, but I couldn't find one because the word, "pad" wasn't included in the search. :mad:

I bought a close-up pad a few days ago, and my dealer said that it had been on the shelf for about two years. It's really dusty and covered in lint and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could clean it? I would ask my dealer myself, but the magic shop is closed for the next three days, and I want to know ASAP.

I'm assuming that they are not machine washable.

Also there's a large crease in the center, It's not really a big deal, but I was wondering if there was a way I could get that out. I would guess that folding it the other way would work though.

In case anyone's wondering it is a 17" pad.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
This is sort of a dumb question, I searched for an answer, but I couldn't find one because the word, "pad" wasn't included in the search. :mad:

I bought a close-up pad a few days ago, and my dealer said that it had been on the shelf for about two years. It's really dusty and covered in lint and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could clean it? I would ask my dealer myself, but the magic shop is closed for the next three days, and I want to know ASAP.

I'm assuming that they are not machine washable.

Also there's a large crease in the center, It's not really a big deal, but I was wondering if there was a way I could get that out. I would guess that folding it the other way would work though.

In case anyone's wondering it is a 17" pad.

Why'd you buy that :S?
Was it super-discounted or something?

some are machine washable.
myne is.
to get creases out, i would put a book or 2 on it (same size, then maybe some heavy stuff on it.
i wouldnt bend it the other way tho.
maybe roll it (if it is a soft bottom)
yea lint brush, tape,

Jan 8, 2009
Lint rollers work well.

It really just depends on the material used.

I mainly have velvetine pads which need special treatment and need to be treated delicately.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results