Close-up pad!

Mar 16, 2012
Hi guys, I have a question about my close-up pad. I am leaving for college in a couple of days and i was wondering how i would bring it with me without the pad getting wrinkled, dirty, or destroyed in any way beacsue i just got it for christmas.

Thanks,
Corey

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Depending on how large and thick it is...you can roll it and put it in a poster / mailing tube or a piece of PVC plastic pipe or just put it in a tablet sleeve case as mentioned if you don't want to roll it. It all depends what your close up pad is made out of and what the base of it is like. Another thing I always keep with my close up pad is a mini travel size lint roller to clean fuzz and things off of it prior to performances.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
you can roll it and put it in a poster / mailing tube
Thanks Rick, my $250 vintage pad from Dan and Dave is ruined. RUINED!

P.S, if you don't have the life skills to transport a close-up pad you're going to get eaten alive at college.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Ha Ha. That was a good one Formula. And no I would expect most people to use the carrying case that comes with the Tony Clark Vintage pad. Is the base on that a flexible leather btw or is it solid? I can't believe home much Dan and Dave charge for some of those pads. My dad is a wood shop teacher and he said he could make the same thing as the Magic surface one ($350.00)for about $10 -$20 with most of that cost being in the nice felt. Yikes! Talk about a mark up value.

Mar 16, 2012
I don't quite understand what exactly you mean by " I will get eaten alive in college"? I was just asking a simple question about the best way to protect my pad from getting ruined as yours did lol.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
The vintage one is solid, Rick. Of course the mark up is high, it's Dan and Dave. I don't think anyone expects value for money from them.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't quite understand what exactly you mean by " I will get eaten alive in college"? I was just asking a simple question about the best way to protect my pad from getting ruined as yours did lol.

What he means is that transporting a close-up pad is fairly simple and straight forward. If you can't figure out how to handle that, then college is going to be a challenge because you'll have to figure out how to handle many, many other things like that.

As the others said - put it in a tube, or just flat on the bottom or top of a box of your other stuff.

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
Ha Ha. That was a good one Formula. And no I would expect most people to use the carrying case that comes with the Tony Clark Vintage pad. Is the base on that a flexible leather btw or is it solid? I can't believe home much Dan and Dave charge for some of those pads. My dad is a wood shop teacher and he said he could make the same thing as the Magic surface one ($350.00)for about $10 -$20 with most of that cost being in the nice felt. Yikes! Talk about a mark up value.

Would the nice lad be kind enough to sell :D kidding, but he could drive everyone out of buisness if he sold them for even $50 :D

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx

Hey man!! I would buy one of those like...NOW!! maybe you should tell T11 to carry this ones out!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results