Coin bite effect is it outdated ?

Nov 14, 2011
Do you think the effect is outdated or does it still get good reactions because it is one of those popular tricks performed by DB and its exposed on youtube alot.

Feb 12, 2012
I personally wouldn't do the coin bite. I feel like the cookie bite effect is way more realistic and effective...It's also fresher. Hope this helped!

Oct 23, 2011
Usually when you do coin bite , they will be like 'oh i've see that before' , but they don't know how its done . Kinda annoying .

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
It can still get good reactions if done properly with good patter. Remember, 99 percent of people have NEVER seen close up magic before in person. Also be mindful of small children who may be watching between the ages of (1-4) who don't know any better and will mimic what you do and possibly put a coin or small object in their mouth. You don't want a choking hazard on your hands.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I wouldn't worry if something seems outdated. If it's performed nicely then it's performed nicely and that's really what matters. Personally, I never got the coin bite. I don't like to put money in my mouth and I don't think it makes sense to bite a coin. It seems the effect is in the restoration and not the bite. I prefer those oreo cookies that you can bite and restore. Same concept same method, but it seems more realistic and you have an excuse to bite the cookie (It's a cookie) and restoring it is nice because now you got a full cookie again.

Just me.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
What's really cool is to produce Oreo cookies from a dove pan. Like 15 of them or so....grab your gimmicked one and do the bite and restore. Kids love it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results