Coin Routine

May 19, 2008
manchester
okay so for Christmas im asking for "sleight of mind" and if I was getting it I was wondering, can you and what do you think of this coin routine with just that book, and how hard would it be to do the routine?

1 - the person takes a coin and puts it in their hand, slowly it becomes heavier and heavier till they struggle to keep their hand in the air.

2 - the coin starts to cool down inside their hand, eventually its almost freezing

3 - they feel the cold from their coin run up and down their arm, eventually their
arm gets so numb it falls down by their side.

4 - the blood in their arm freezes, you prove it, they feel their own pulse stop

5 - you take the coin and the same thing happens to you, they feel your pulse
stop, your arm is really cold.

6 - your pulse starts back up and your arm heats up till its almost burning.

7 - your arm cools back down.

8 - you show that the coin has vanished, (French drop)

so what do you think? would it be hard to suggest that much happening?
do you think its even possible? do you like the routine idea?

please tell me :)

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I think it's very tough to keep people interested for that many phases and that they can follow along.

Some really cool ideas in there, but there's far too much going on, everyone holding each other's arms and hot and cold and all sorts!:p

I like the idea of the cold with the pulse stop, that's a nice touch. I think that matching a a stop of your pulse up with freezing arm thing and say that you've frozen your blood. Then try out doing it to their arm after wards.

A routine like that is MUCH easier to follow and will probably get better reactions as you'll have more chance to put emphasis on the climactical points.

Also, as far as I'm aware slight of mind is a book that focuses on suggestion, so it may be difficult to get much of a response primarily. HOWEVER, don't give up - keep going and believe that these things are genuinely happening.

Suggestion is just convincing people that things are happening when they are really not, or vice versa. It's a great, GREAT tool when you get new techniques down, but it takes a lot of experimentation!:)

D.

May 19, 2008
manchester
yeah, im just throwing ideas around, the routine would be like 30 mins long or something - sillyness.

but I got carried away with what you would be able to do with suggestion.

but im gonna maybe do what you say, but differant (kinda) like maybe do the coin bit of the routine (the coin gets cold and heavy, I take it and vanish it), then a few mins later do the pulse stops.

it would all seem like a spooky/scary routine I think, if you wanted I guess frozen by adam grace would be good :)

and dee do you have slight of mind or building blocks? I was wondering what someone thought of them. :)

May 19, 2008
manchester
does anyone else wanna say anything?

okay ill say something :)

so heres what the two routines would be like.

coin routine
1 - the person takes a coin and puts it in their hand
2 - they feel the coin get colder and colder
3 - the coin gets heavier and heavier
4 - they drop the coin because its so heavy

pulse stop routine
1 - the person feels their own arm get colder and colder till its almost freezing
2 - you explain the blood has froze, they feel their own pulse stop
3 - their arm gets warmer and wamer and their pulse comes back

so what does anyone/everyone think?
I think their good routines, ill try them out when/if I get the book (im really hoping for it now:))

does anyone have any other ideas to make the routines even better? not as in a suggestion tips but more like tips on what might be a better presentation of the effects/routines.

also I would do these effects after lots of (coin) magic and maybe a pulse stop, this is so the person can beleive this is happening, and then the suggestion works better (guess).

does anyone have any other ideas you could do with suggestion that are this kinda style?

anyone???

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results