Coin Shell

Sep 16, 2008
Hi guys ! I have a question first of all I do not live in the US I live in asia, and where i live i cannot get coin shells and other gaffs of my countries coins, please suggest a way i can make my own shells to use in coin one and coin two by homer liwag. Any video or book source will be highly appreciated. I know some gold smiths here who make their own coins, perhaps if you tell me the structure of a coin shell i can get one made here, the exact dimensions needed other fine points etc.

Thanks
Joe.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I would call or email both Jamie Schoolcraft & Todd Lassen - either will do custom work for you but you will likely need to provide the coins for them and this will be a little on the expensive side but both are professionals in this field..

Jamie Schoolcraft:
1-661-965-9217
quotes@coingaffs.com
http://www.coingaffs.com/

Todd Lassen:
1-303-776-7962
todd@toddlassen.com
http://www.toddlassen.com/

I would second that, but I think he wants to make his own to avoid shipping and the price of the actual shell.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Just get a Johnson shell. They're pretty much the second best compared to Schoolcraft and in an affordable range ( I think they range from 30-60 bucks.)

Sep 16, 2008
Where I live I can hire 10 people to work for me for a month for 60 bucks, I was thinking of making my own shells, perhaps you can send me some pics displaying different views of the shells and what is in the center, I also mailed Todd Lassen yesterday for assistance.

I believe that the first person to make a shell made it with his own hands, if he could do it so can I.

Thanks
Joe.

P.S what shells were used in coin one and coin two the expanded ones or the normal ones. And I want to avoid shipping costs.

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
That's nice and all, but i'm sure you don't need a reference for these kinds of things. Also with it being a 'shell' i'm sure its not hard to figure out what to do. They hard part is buying the equipment for it and making lots of em to polish your skills. I dunno about you emailing todd... but I doubt he'll want to teach you how to make a shell (it's the way he earns cash after all).

Really, if you can afford to hire 10 people to work for you for a month for 60 bucks, i'm sure you can do a little experimenting on your own.

Also for coin two, it doesn't matter if you use an expanded shell or a cut down set, the effect is the same - it's still a shell so you can use either. I would suggest you get an expanded though, but that's just my opinion.

Good luck with your crafting.

Sep 16, 2008
Todd is a nice guy I sent him a mail and he kind of taught me how to make shells, but still thanks to all of you for your replies.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results