Coin splitting

L

Liam Carrie

anyone know any good ways for splitting coins? i knnow jay sankey's slick splits and i've invented a few but does anyone know any REAL coin splitting methods? -liam-

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Not "actually", but "Magically" splitting a coin into 2 coins.

I know coin splitting... but where the poster said 'REAL' in caps etc, I wondered why they were stressing real.

Aug 31, 2007
Australia
I know coin splitting... but where the poster said 'REAL' in caps etc, I wondered why they were stressing real.
Sorry, my bad.

Anyhow, there's a coin split move in Chris Kenner's 3 Fry (chances are you know that already).
If you know basic coin concealments/sleights than you can always try and make your own - speaking of which, last night I actually made up a coin split using the muscle-pass.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
Sankey's is one the cleanest I've seen. I have one that I use that can be done at face level from the fingertips - Yeah maybe I should put it out on a DVD! I've only worked with it for a month or two now but hey, and I haven't fully road-tested it yet, but hey! I could make a quick buck and get some EXTREME cred.

Or not...

L

Liam Carrie

yup i thought of one a while ago using that move involving throwing a coin and splitting it in mid air but it would be EXTREMELY difficult

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Sankey's is called SLICK SPLITS. He also has a four coin production that starts from spilting one coin into two, and then the two into four... on his DVD, Revolutionary coin magic.

Really, "splitting" is just producing coins in a way so that they APPEAR to split.

Why not try "breaking" a dollar into two half dollars. That's more what I think about when I hear "splitting". Check out Dan Watkin's version of this.

Scott.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
when i first read this.. i thought that you were trying to shim a coin, to make it magnetic for use with a pk ring or m5...then i realized what your talking about...so yeah check out sankeys work, it should be what your looking for.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results