Coin through cards tricks..

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
so for a few months ive been working on a trick that, to my knowledge, i came up with

im just wondering if theres much material out there about a coin vanishing into a deck of cards finding a selected card for example..

wanna see if my way is origional

(so far ive found nothing...and been searching for months)

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I know one when where the coin finds a peeked at card, it's from Peter Harrisons Magic in the Real World notes.
There is also a version in a release called Iron Palm... in this the coin finds a selection, but is found to not only have found the card but is inside it.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
k maybe i describe it a bit

you show a deck, looks perfectly legit
have the spec choose a card
place their card back in the deck
shuffle if you wish, doesnt matter

put back in box, have a coin, put it ontop of the box
then slam the coin in the box, coin disappears

open the box, the cards have a hole in them now, but stops at their selected card, wth the coin ontop of it

Aug 31, 2007
Theres actually an effect just like the one you described called "in a flash" i dont know who it is by but the effect is that a card is lost into the deck and a peice of flash paper is placed over the deck and a coin rests on top of the flash paper.. when the paper ignites it looks as though the coin has burnt a hole through the deck and stopped at one card.. theirs

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Yeah Sankey has something very similar to yours... maybe with some work you could add something to set yours apart

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Theres actually an effect just like the one you described called "in a flash" i dont know who it is by but the effect is that a card is lost into the deck and a peice of flash paper is placed over the deck and a coin rests on top of the flash paper.. when the paper ignites it looks as though the coin has burnt a hole through the deck and stopped at one card.. theirs

Actually, the true precursor to this was an effect by David Ben. You can find it in his book, Tricks.

It is far superior, and is a full routine with the coin melting through the cards as the finally.

Also, an additional factoid, Ben and Sankey went to school together. Ben showed Sankey his routine, as well as a few other magi. I'm just sayin' . . .

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
i mean, mine is completely different than sankeys...but looks the same i suppose (way different method)

Again, if you are interested in this plot, I strongly recommend Ben's book. You will learn more about the evolution of it as well as a great way to routine it with a natural build to the coin melting through the deck as a climax.

my method is totally impromtu. first the card melts thorugh the deck the magician offers to do this again, but this time he uses a coin and the spectator holds the deckof cards takes them out and reveals the card

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results