Coin tricks with a scotch and soda coin?

Jun 14, 2012
Hey everyone.
I'm just returning to magic after a long absence and finding that my hands are no where near as dextrous as they used to be. Holding a hammer and tongs for 25 years will do that.
So, I'm kind of forced to perform tricks that are almost self-working.
I have a scotch and soda set but the original trick is kind of... cliche. So, if anyone has any good routines for a guy who's hands have the dexterity of a lobster's claws, please let me know!

TheBlacksmith,

I am going to assume your S&S set up consist of a US Half Dollar & Mexican centavo?

I suppose you could arrange some working of a Spellbound effect...might be a bit risky considering the types of coins involved. But I think with some thorough planning it would be possible.

The US Half Dollar could be used as a shell for smaller coins, and if it just so happened to be magnetic...well. And it also could be used as a bit of a gag with a little imagination.

Hope that gave you some ideas, and I am glad you decided to still perform magic despite any physical limitations. :)

- Steve

Jun 14, 2012
California
It's a great gimmick, really good for street normally i have the coin go under a soda can or if you took the time you could work out a digital dissolve looking effect.

Aug 17, 2010
You can do an amazingly clean vanish of one coin... and if you load a duplicate centavo somewhere it becomes a translocation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results