College Class - Informative Speech

Jun 24, 2011
The informative speech for my communications class is very soon and I was wondering if anyone could help me decide on a topic that deals with magic. It is a 5-7 minute speech to inform the audience about the topic and must be objective. I would really appreciate some help in deciding on what would be most interesting to talk about, and what would be the best references to use. Well I would need to use mainly books/articles as my references. Thank you :)

Nov 27, 2009
It'd be fun to do a "sucker trick" as a part of the speech. There's a really good torn and restored napkin sucker trick that I know, but couldn't tell you off the top of my head where to find it. You could also, if you, wanted talk about Houdini, or Dai Vernon or any number of other people in the history of magic. If you decide to go that route, Jim Steinmyer has some incredible material on the history of magic. There are other authors, but I can't recall their names off the top of my head.

Really, the only boring talks are talks that are poorly delivered, or that the presenter is uninterested in, especially when you're talking to people who are clueless about a subject. The other thing that makes a talk boring is the attitude of the audience, and while you can address that on a group level by making your presentation as polished as possible, there will usually be a few who will check out and not pay attention. For example, I recently saw a presentation on a topic that had already heard about and wasn't incredibly concerned about and I was bored out of my mind by my own choice. The presenter did a decent job, but I was just not interested in hearing things that I'd already heard.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results