color changing knives

Nov 3, 2009
anyone still do this? Im a big fan of color change magic and visual things, so while working on coin (it takes way much time to build up that kind of hand control) ive been playing with color changing knives. way much fun and it doesnt take too much to have a quick routine to mess with peoples heads.

For anyone interested you should check out Merrill's Knife Book well worth the $15 or so it might cost if you can find it.

Anyone else?! :D

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I believe there is a new version of this that people are doing with USB thumb drives / flash sticks...whatever you call them. This is great if you work in an office or are a h.s. student. You may want to check it out.

It is called "Flash" by Chad Long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 3, 2009
ah nifty! ill be sure to check it out. the book is good because it has a good foundation for most maneuvers that you can do with most anything in that shape. I saw a good routine by David Stone which was enjoyable to watch on his "stop smoking" (i think) dvd. you can do the maneuvers with most anything but i love the pen knives, so classy. however usb sticks are more noticeable and people carry them everywhere, much like the old pen knives. :)

edit: just watched it and its exactly the same, just with usb sticks. :D seeing that makes me happy :D good times good times. THANKS

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
The "maneuver" you are referring too is called the Paddle Move and is very useful with all types of objects.

For example: You are in a resturant, pull out one of the knives, place a dap of Ketchup on one side, perform the paddle move and "Whalla!" It is now seeped through the knife and is on BOTH sides, perform the move again and, BAM!!! it is completely clean..no ketchup. For those of you who are going to scream "exposure"...seriously...you know you are going to go try it now the next time you are out to eat.

Nov 3, 2009
haha well yes, the paddle move, but the book teaches you a bunch of different things which I were encompassing in the statement: push through change, turn around change (SO PRETTY) and the switch to name the basics. the turn around change is awesome, I learned it this morning on the way to work (when you sit for an hour and a bit you get bored) and checked it out in the mirror at work and :D i love when i confuse myself, haha

people still do the knifes, but im not sure why? they need to update it. not too many people carry round pocket knifes. and i have seen the flash drive one, but that one is kind of pointless, saying that no one normally carries around flash drives, (unless in school or an office) but i think the lighter versions are really nice, saying more people carry around lighters, and you can also use lighters in your set.
so yea. check those out.

Personally I LOVE the color changing knives, they are one of my favorite routines to perform and get the BEST reactions. If you want a good resource on all of the sleights needed to master this routine, check out Joe Mogar's Chameleon Knives. He is also know worldwide as one of the BEST knife makers in the world. I'm actually purchasing two sets of custom knives from him later this year

Nov 3, 2009
Yup I love it. I can't wait to order my custom knives from him!
im thinking about it but im CURRENTLY not a fan of single bushing knives and its annoying that mine knives arent as rounded as id like. making certain moves annoyingly hard :(

OH WELL! :D they're fun :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results